Postby mali » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm

I allso have a 4 blade oj Legend 13 x 14 pitch plains quickly will pull 3 big guys out easy allso excellent for wakeboarding and is on a malibu response LX would never go back to 3 blade cheers :lol:
mali

Postby ghind » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 pm

mali wrote:I allso have a 4 blade oj Legend 13 x 14 pitch plains quickly will pull 3 big guys out easy allso excellent for wakeboarding and is on a malibu response LX would never go back to 3 blade cheers :lol:

At full throttle, what RPM do you achieve, and what motor do you have in it.
ghind
Back Roll

Postby YT72 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 am

G'day all, seeking some prop advice. I have an old mid 60's 4.5m everingham glass clinker, approx 950kgs with 2 blokes and full fuel when operating. She has a 272 y block rated at 162 hp (yeah baby, feel those horsies!) with about 4600 max rpm. Currently running a very old and daggy looking austral 12/14 prop and does 45mph flat stick, but feels a bit sluggish to me out of the hole for single ski or large bloke.
Lucky me, I hit a rock on tuesday and slightly bent a blade back. Can definately feel a vibration now through boat and looking for a relacement or repair on the current. Do I have enough hp to go 4 blades or like ghind's been saying have a look at an acme.
Any tips would be appreciated as to what to look for with a new one as I have been reading everything I can find.
Cheers
Whitey
YT72
Surface 180

Postby ghind » Thu May 06, 2010 10:24 pm

YT72 wrote:G'day all, seeking some prop advice. I have an old mid 60's 4.5m everingham glass clinker, approx 950kgs with 2 blokes and full fuel when operating. She has a 272 y block rated at 162 hp (yeah baby, feel those horsies!) with about 4600 max rpm. Currently running a very old and daggy looking austral 12/14 prop and does 45mph flat stick, but feels a bit sluggish to me out of the hole for single ski or large bloke.
Lucky me, I hit a rock on tuesday and slightly bent a blade back. Can definately feel a vibration now through boat and looking for a relacement or repair on the current. Do I have enough hp to go 4 blades or like ghind's been saying have a look at an acme.
Any tips would be appreciated as to what to look for with a new one as I have been reading everything I can find.
Cheers
Whitey

For that boat I'd be ringing Precision Props in Victoria or somebody else that is as well regarded as them (sorry I don't know up your way). I'd rebuild what you have or at least get them to tell you what it was and what should be changed. I don't think the boat needs a $1000 (or best part of) prop.

You need a really good prop shop and not all of them are good.
ghind
Back Roll

Re: 4 Blade Props

Postby BigGed » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 pm

I have a lewis millennium running a 3 blade acme 489, has anyone run a 4 blade, if so any comments
Thanks
Ged
BigGed
Surface 180

Previous

• Advertisement