Newby just saying hi

Postby Eagle1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:58 am

Hi first post been lurking for awhile, David 53 form western nsw retired skier to many injuries
Great site you have here, great info
Me and my good friend brought our first boat (ski master 350) at 17 yrs old sold it 5 years ago,had a lot of fun in it,but now it is the time to buy another one with my son and daughter as they still ski
We have around 30k to spend,wow the boats have changed from the older days when we first brought the old ski master
Iv been searching and researching these new 2nd hand boats the mer cruisers engines look and sound good with the fuel injection,after all the tinkering we had to do back in the day with carbies on the old chev
I'm looking at a 2005 ski craft excell today black scorpion engine at 400hrs, around the 27k mark sounds like good value but it could be abit small without much room,inside the boat,my mate used to own the boat and knowing the history of it is a great thing,the same bloke has a Lewis eclipse 2004 v-drive black scorpion engine at 200hrs on the clock at 35k, nice boat checked it out yesty but abit pricey for the budget at this stage anyway,is this good value you think??? Again knowing the boat is a great plus
Checking out sport nautique tomorrow imported boat with pcm engine fuel injected and 1997 model, nice boat with heaps of room don't know about the pcm but they get the thumbs up from the research iv read,the old 351 ford motor by the sounds of it, just wondering if these engines have any querk or troubles that I need to know about??
Also interested in a Lewis outback black scorpion around the 30k i think its a 2004 model one owner but been in the salt water,that's a worry for me they pain in the butt if they haven't been looked after
The kids just mainly water ski but that could change with our own boat
That's about it at his stage just wondering if yous think I'm on the right track with theses boats I'm looking at
Cheers and thanks for any info
Eagle1
Wake to Wake

• Advertisement