Need help to identify deck mounts

Postby Feetfirst » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 pm

G'day,
These are the tower mounts currently on my 06 Skicraft senator, the tower is a collapsible SWOOP (installed by the previous owner). They are corroded and one of them has cracked. I am having trouble identifying them so I can replace them. I would like the same ones so I don't have to drill new holes in the deck. Does any one know what brand they are and where I can get them??
2.jpg
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feetfirst
Tantrum
Skicraft Owner

Re: Need help to identify deck mounts

Postby viper » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Hey Feetfirst,
Give the guys at Monster Tower Australia a buzz with your query.
Their universal mount ('Monster Paws') is not identical to yours but looks like the tower would attach in the same manner and may have the same spacing for the thru-hull attach bolts.
viper
Fashion Air

Postby Feetfirst » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 pm

So now the mount has completely broken and I am in NEED of a set of tower mounts. I have done some research and as VIPER has stated it looks like the Monster Towers Monster Paws are going to be the best replacement so I don't have to drill new holes. The issue is that Monster AUST has sold its rights/contract to Sam Allen and after contacting them I have become aware that they don't really care too much about selling/importing different parts than they are stocking (ie tower with mounts only). My question is - hopefully - is there any one out there that has a set of these mounts (or know someone that has) that they no longer need and would sell to a very grateful me???
Feetfirst
Tantrum
Skicraft Owner

Postby jakeyhamer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Have you tried to ring skicraft? They might have all factory seconds they are willing to sell. I was pretty sure they were using fluidcore towers at that time. May message them as well
jakeyhamer
Raley

Postby Feetfirst » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:51 am

Thanks Jake, Yeah I rang them some time ago but at that stage they were not fitting towers etc. I also contacted the old owner who had the details of the shop that fitted it but they are shut down now as well.
Feetfirst
Tantrum
Skicraft Owner

Postby Dickj83 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 am

Which part is broken?
They dont look like they would be that hard to make new parts.
Dickj83
Tantrum

Postby wakesetterxti » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

try great lakes skipper and look up ski centurion skylon swoop tower mate,i have a swoop tower and the supply the fittings
wakesetterxti
Fashion Air
Malibu Owner

Postby Feetfirst » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks Wakesetter I have sent them a message.. Did you have to order the mount separate?? I didn't find anything in their listings.

DickJ83, the mount has cracked through the main part of the cast housing that bolts to the boat. I think that the extra weight from the tower extension and the sh%$ty road we took when camping caused it the stress too much. It would be fairly easy to make a new one but I no longer have access to milling machines and lathes. I guess at the end of the day though the mounts are a bit shabby and something new and shiny would be nice.
Feetfirst
Tantrum
Skicraft Owner

Postby Feetfirst » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Tower mount 2.jpg
Tower mount 1.jpg

So after a lot of hunting I ended up ordering Monster Paws from the USA as the NEW AUST reps were less than helpful (the old reps tried to help but weren't able to, Thanks for the lead viper). Had to get some holes fixed as the footprint was different but now it looks better than before and a lot stronger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feetfirst
Tantrum
Skicraft Owner

• Advertisement