Re: Swiftcraft Stiletto - too small?

Postby Feetfirst » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

How good would a 115 Optimax look on the back of that boat. :drool:
Feetfirst
Skicraft Owner

Postby Honour » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Feetfirst wrote:How good would a 115 Optimax look on the back of that boat. :drool:

Wouldn't happen to be selling one super cheap by any chance? Haha
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Renton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice work with the resto mate. I like the black wrap. Look forward to seeing it in green tho 8)

With the outboard you may not have to go up much in hp. Even just getting something newer will be a noticeable improvement. Blue bands are getting pretty old now. Will probably down on hp as I think someone mentioned. A newer 85 on that size boat should easily pull a wake board up.
Renton
Surface 180

Postby Honour » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Renton wrote:Nice work with the resto mate. I like the black wrap. Look forward to seeing it in green tho 8)

With the outboard you may not have to go up much in hp. Even just getting something newer will be a noticeable improvement. Blue bands are getting pretty old now. Will probably down on hp as I think someone mentioned. A newer 85 on that size boat should easily pull a wake board up.

Thanks mate! I ended up doing a blue wrap - check out the last photos. Really glad I did - the black was searing hot. The outboard definitely seems to be getting on a little bit. After having all that work done on it, and still not performing quite as I'd hoped, I think it's time for an upgrade. However I actually have my wedding this year, so might have to hold off for a while. Haha
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Feetfirst » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Great idea, hold off on the wedding and replace that engine. Priorities mate, she'll understand.............. :lol:
Feetfirst
Skicraft Owner

Postby 82Juddcraft » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

That's what I did last year, got married and now she doesn't have a leg to stand on when I blow a few grand on the boat haha. But u gotta get ya toys sorted before kids .

Feetfirst wrote:Great idea, hold off on the wedding and replace that engine. Priorities mate, she'll understand..............

My misses saw every $ come out of our account saving for the wedding.
82Juddcraft
Raley

Postby Honour » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Feetfirst wrote:Great idea, hold off on the wedding and replace that engine. Priorities mate, she'll understand.............. :lol:

Haha. Could I get your phone number so she has someone to yell at?
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Feetfirst » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:50 pm

115.png

Just add it to the gift register and cross those fingers......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feetfirst
Skicraft Owner

Postby Honour » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:10 pm

82Juddcraft wrote:That's what I did last year, got married and now she doesn't have a leg to stand on when I blow a few grand on the boat haha. But u gotta get ya toys sorted before kids .

Feetfirst wrote:Great idea, hold off on the wedding and replace that engine. Priorities mate, she'll understand..............

My misses saw every $ come out of our account saving for the wedding.

Haha that's the plan mate. On a side note - I was worried that getting into wakeboarding at 29 years old was way too old, but as long as there's some other married dudes on here I feel a bit better. Haha.
Cheers!
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Renton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Never too old mate! I'm 35 and just started on the wake board. Not as flexible, or recover as quick as I used to that's for sure!

That blue and white looks sh*t hot. Well done 8)
Maybe you could have a wishing well at the wedding to go towards a new outboard? I'm sure the wife would be ok with that, right? Lol

Btw, with the photos are you able to put the img code, or wrap the link in img tags so the photos come straight up? When I click on the photobucket link it seems to take ages to load. Maybe it's just me?
Renton
Surface 180

Postby Honour » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Renton wrote:Never too old mate! I'm 35 and just started on the wake board. Not as flexible, or recover as quick as I used to that's for sure!

That blue and white looks sh*t hot. Well done 8)
Maybe you could have a wishing well at the wedding to go towards a new outboard? I'm sure the wife would be ok with that, right? Lol

Btw, with the photos are you able to put the img code, or wrap the link in img tags so the photos come straight up? When I click on the photobucket link it seems to take ages to load. Maybe it's just me?

Awesome to hear that! Hoping to be at it for the next few years at least!
The editor won't let me upload anything with IMG codes unfortunately. Not sure how to get around it..
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Honour » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 am

Hi guys, I've kind of cracked it with this motor feeling old and underpowered, and have started looking at other motors, but of course I am poor and a cheapskate.
A 1991 model Force by Mercury has popped up that seems reasonably priced, and in very good condition. Any opinions on this motor?
Thanks!
Honour
Wake to Wake

Previous