I've had experiences with some of these over the years and should be achievable in your price range being good all-rounders with FNR velvet drives and centre poles:
- Stejcraft Pro Skier, very popular in the late 80's to early 90's
- Gilflite Shortline 190, as above
- Flightcraft XLT 21 or ' Flightcraft By Malibu' (same hull as early Malibu Response)
- Skicraft Excel perhaps 2000 model (I haven't owned on of these)
- Mastercraft Prostar 190 early to mid 90's
- Mastercraft 205 bow rider
- Malibu Response as above
The early Aussie boats are traditionally quite low sitting in the water and have timber floors and stringers and look over windscreens but if you can find a good one perfectly good ski boats, the USA boats are just better in my opinion for handling through years of research and development plus have look thru glass windscreens and no timber.
If it was my $25k the Mastercraft would be the pick of the bunch as they sit a bit higher in the water (larger freeboard) if you want to add some weight, my old Prostar 190 was the most fun boat I've owned (You can do 180's at 40MPH
) - not saying the best as I've spent a lot more on other newer ones but good value for money.
Boat Collection 1993 to 2015: Flightcraft Banshee, Hallet Skimaster(x2), Stejcraft Skier(x2), Stejcraft Silhoette, Gilflite Shortline 190, Ramsay Impala, Malibu Response(x2) - Response LX - Response LXi, Sleekline CX22, Mastercraft Prostar 190 & 205