Wakesetter or super air 210

Postby Gilflight23 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Hey fella's been awhile since ive been on im getting back into the boating game have 60k to spend have been looking at 2008 super air 210 or 2007 vlx wakesetter ... looking for the big wakes and will be wakesurfing from time to time .. but i cant decide i havent been on either and dont no anyone that has one ....
If Ya Not Hurting Your Self Your Not Having A Go
Gilflight23
Back Roll

Wakesetter or super air 210

Postby Arron » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Both great boats. The nautique was a little more expensive than the vlx so you should be able to get an 08 or even an 09 vlx for he same price as a 210.

My recommendation would be to ride both. The vlx has a mellow and rampy wake which can be sharpened up with the wedge and some rear heavy weighting.
The nautique has a tall and aggressive wake, which in theory can be mellowed out with the hydrogate but IMO just ruins the wake.
Both boats love extra weight and will happily take a ton over factory ballast without having to to ride much faster than 22mph. In fact, one rider rides my 210 at 20.5mph with factory plus 850kg and the wake is still clean.
The vlx is has a slightly wider beam (well the USA delivered version anyway) and feels a little roomier but the reversible seating in the 210 was the clincher for me. 5 passengers all in the main cabin,all facing the rider is awesome.
Both boats surf well. However have fairly different waves.
I don’t think you will be unhappy which ever way you go.
Where are you from happy to take you out in my 08 210 if you’re in Vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Arron on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arron
Front Flip
Nautique Owner

Re: Wakesetter or super air 210

Postby Gilflight23 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks very much for your advice def leaning towards the malibu now

Im in wodonga vic
If Ya Not Hurting Your Self Your Not Having A Go
Gilflight23
Back Roll

Re: Wakesetter or super air 210

Postby Arron » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Had to edit, the reversible seating is in the 210, I didn’t phrase that very well.

Other things that may be worth a mention.
While both boats have heaps of storage , the functionality goes to the 210 and not just because of the versatile seating, all seat bases and backs in the main cabin are all on gas struts, vlx the cushions just push in and are loose in the boat when not in place. The storage under/behind the 210 passenger is accessible both via lifting the seat and a side door in the walk through )if optioned.
The esky in the 210 is behind said door in the walk through so no body has to get up for access, where as the vlx esky is under a seat cushion.

The floor and deck is all one piece in the 210 so you don’t get areas where carpeted board meets fibreglass in fact there is no carpeted board anywhere the 210 is finished a little nicer.

The 210 has snap in carpet which is good and I don’t think (someone can correct me) Malibu had this until around 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arron
Front Flip
Nautique Owner

• Advertisement