Postby Aaron_Weir » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:08 pm

yer i just got a new board 2008 north youngblood it sweet as
Aaron_Weir
Fashion Air

Postby skiddz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:13 pm

I just got a second hand North Vegas 9m. ITS AWESOME! we had 27 to 30 knots a couple of days ago (for darwin? wtf?), and it was the best session I've ever had.
skiddz
Blind 180

Postby Aaron_Weir » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:54 pm

yer north is a sic brand i was thinking what is the best trick to try after a grab 180
Aaron_Weir
Fashion Air

Postby skiddz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 am

unhook. learn how to load and release properly

far out, I had all my bladders go on me on my Vegas last week. All the T Valves for the two-pump system broke off. But North did send me a new set of baldders, but as for replacing them, HOLY ****! So tedious. Next kite I'm buying is going to be C shape, no bridles, no one/two pump, no sh^t.
/rant
skiddz
Blind 180

Postby spruiker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:46 pm

slingshot had the same problem, the glue lets go on the nipples that connect the bladders 2gether. try replacing bladders on a 19m.
I never did change my dirty pee pants!!!!!!!
spruiker
Blind 180

Postby wakkatoo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:23 pm

Just saw on the news tonight that the aussie champs are on at Elliott Heads - 5 mins down the road from me. Apparently there are also free intro lessons so heading down tomorrow to check it out.
wakkatoo
Pete Rose

Postby Aaron_Weir » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:09 pm

speaking of comps i'm going in my first comp in 2 weeks at robe
Aaron_Weir
Fashion Air

Postby Wello_kiter_Elizabeth » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:55 pm

wakkatoo wrote:Just saw on the news tonight that the aussie champs are on at Elliott Heads - 5 mins down the road from me. Apparently there are also free intro lessons so heading down tomorrow to check it out.

Yeap! Was damn sweet from the reports I hear. 15-20 kntos the entire time.

Heads up 2 Zebb Peters our local 4160 rider who came 2nd in the Mens division, WA rider The Rat who came 3rd in Masters, and congrats to Libby Peters who competed for the first time [4160 crew] but broke her leg!
Nothing like riding hard girl! :D

Cheers 2 the riders and event sponsors 4 another great event. :lol:8)8)

4 anyone interested
Mens
Andy Yates
Zebb Peters
Dan Anderson

Juniors
Keekee Diablo
Matt Wesson
Tommy Ryan

Womens
Maine Sudre
Chrissy G.
Michelle England

Masters
TOBES - could of won every division if he was allowed.
Catapult Eric
Andrew Ratajewski.
Wello_kiter_Elizabeth

Postby spruiker » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm

hey elizabeth, have you met catapult eric? I think he's GOLDMEMBER in disguise........ how did the lennox boys fare? alex lewis-hughes & shaun craike?
spruiker
Blind 180

Postby Wello_kiter_Elizabeth » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:40 pm

hey spruiker, nah I haven't met him un4tunately!

Would love to meet more of the guys I know on the forums... Unfrotunately a LOT of them are in WA who kite!

haha in disguise. I dunno how alex or craike went... did they compete!?

liz
Wello_kiter_Elizabeth

Postby spruiker » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:14 pm

I don't know if the lennox boyz went to the elliot heads comp, shaun seems to be everywhere in the mags, alex isn't far behind with exposure.

there seems to be a lot of kiters in wa, they have always been big in wind surfin over there, makes sense that there's a lot of kiters there too.

did you compete at elliot? how far do you travell to compete? the comps are so spread out, makes it hard for average punters to have a go at comps unless they live in the areas where the comps are.
spruiker
Blind 180

Postby mitch-b » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:08 pm

yeah i went to the nats (alex) but my legs only lasted one heat before they f#cked up again (i have oz good shottler disease in my shins) they lasted just long enough to take out shaun but hahahahaha.

p.s. lots of dangling, straps and gay going on at that comp, this sport is nothing like cable or wakeboarding people just take the easy way out and in return look f#cking retarded.
mitch-b
Fashion Air

Postby spruiker » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 pm

yeah it's people like ash & your mate heggarty :D that increase the gayness in kiting, that's why I don't go to lennox anymore, there's no "scene" at evans, just a couple of us that are keen to ride when it's windy. wake boardin has it's share of gayness.
spruiker
Blind 180

Postby skiddz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:16 pm

fark I wish we would get some wind. I haven't been out since late January. bugger! :evil:
skiddz
Blind 180

Postby RAL-INN » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:07 pm

skiddz wrote:fark I wish we would get some wind. I haven't been out since late January. bugger! :evil:

HA! and here I am having to put off students wanting lessons due to too MUCH wind :lol:
RAL-INN
Surface 180

Postby spruiker » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:49 pm

this was even worse than last summer wind wise, luckilly I have a few options of boats to hook up with, although it's not as cheap as wind, fuel that is. If only the local council would build a cable park , logan's not 2 far away from here.
spruiker
Blind 180

Postby ScAredCroW » Sun May 04, 2008 11:21 pm

zebb just signed with blade kites didnt he??
~:MWR:~ Often copied never equaled
ScAredCroW
Toe 720
Malibu Owner

Postby mitch-b » Wed May 28, 2008 10:55 pm

yep..... he changed but the real question is why doesnt he ride bindings?? the guy can do a double s at cable (with boots) but rides with straps and looks like a kook when he kites. what is going on there?????
p.s. not knocking him as a person because he is a really nice dude.
mitch-b
Fashion Air

Advice anyone :-)

Postby oceandreaming » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:46 pm

hay y'all :-)

Ok i love wakeboarding but i can never get behind a boat...im always working at the wrong times :-( and if any of your surf you know its not always that good in summer so i have decided to give kitesurfing a red hot seeing as I live close by to the safety bay area where ive seen it all happenin and love it.

Ok i need to buy a kit, i have already found out that id probably need a 125-139 board for my weight and height but the whole size of the kite im struggling with, one guy told me about an 8 but it all depended on the wind, do i need to have a few size kites?

Also ive been looking around in like the quokka and at the safety bag kitesurfng shop down there but what brands are the good ones, ive found a doyle custom board if that makes sense to anyone hehehe as you can see i have no clue. I also have found a Noble board, is Noble an alright brand aswell. Should i just stick with liquid force arrrggghhhh help hehehe

Advice from you guys that know what its all about would be awesome :-)

Thanks
oceandreaming
Surface 180

Re: Advice anyone :-)

Postby skiddz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:07 pm

oceandreaming wrote:hay y'all :-)

Ok i love wakeboarding but i can never get behind a boat...im always working at the wrong times :-( and if any of your surf you know its not always that good in summer so i have decided to give kitesurfing a red hot seeing as I live close by to the safety bay area where ive seen it all happenin and love it.

Ok i need to buy a kit, i have already found out that id probably need a 125-139 board for my weight and height but the whole size of the kite im struggling with, one guy told me about an 8 but it all depended on the wind, do i need to have a few size kites?

Also ive been looking around in like the quokka and at the safety bag kitesurfng shop down there but what brands are the good ones, ive found a doyle custom board if that makes sense to anyone hehehe as you can see i have no clue. I also have found a Noble board, is Noble an alright brand aswell. Should i just stick with liquid force arrrggghhhh help hehehe

Advice from you guys that know what its all about would be awesome :-)

Thanks

LESSONS!

find out who does lessons in your area and get some! You need to learn how to control the kite and how everything works before you can go out by yourself. They'll also answer any questions you may have. Lessons will set you back about $160 for 2 hours, which should be all you need

As for brands, I'd tend to stay away from Liquid Force, their kite stuff is a bit ordinary. Stay with the big brands like Nobile, Naish, North, Best, Cabrinha, Ozone to name a few.
skiddz
Blind 180

PreviousNext

• Advertisement