Postby gotwake » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 am

My mate just used a pair of skateys, worked a treat
It's not wether you win or lose-but if i win or lose
gotwake
Ozmosis 7

Postby newb » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Firstly don't lift your toes. Flex your shin muscle's and relax your toes. It's hard to do but if you do it from the start it makes it easier down the track. I'm still finding it hard now to fix my stance.

Also yeah just sit on the kneeboard towards the front of it put your feet in and then get the boat driver to slowly speed up. As the speed goes up keep applying more weight to your feet and the knee board should disappear. Just watch some youtube to get your stance correct. Stay low like your almost sitting on a chair.

Also not too fast... I'm 95KG and I go about 40mph.
newb
OHH

Postby DNO109 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:25 pm

thanks newb. had a look on a website and think i worked out around 35mile as im 85kg nice to have reassurance that will be close. Do you have your feet roughly shoulder width apart?
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby DNO109 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:25 pm

thanks newb. had a look on a website and think i worked out around 35mile as im 85kg nice to have reassurance that will be close. Do you have your feet roughly shoulder width apart?
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby newb » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Feet about shoulder width apart and knees slightly closer again... this should help get the water hitting the correct part of your foot.

Make sure you have the same weight on each foot.

Good luck. and don't forget to take the camera and then post the pics up for our viewing pleasure. I'll need a laugh... :lol: :lol:
newb
OHH

Postby DNO109 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

thanks will do hopefully have a crack this weekend.
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby newb » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 pm

where do you normally go? make sure it is nice and glassy...

Also try and get a good boat driver. no power turns etc.

Get the driver to get you up easily and then take his time before speeding up... do everything slowly, you will feel like rushing everything but DON'T...

Good luck... don't forget the pics on Monday!! haha
newb
OHH

Postby DNO109 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:51 pm

somerset so will have to hope that weather is good.

no worries thanks for all the help and hopefully pictures of me up and skiing on mon :D
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby DNO109 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:53 pm

somerset so will have to hope that weather is good.

no worries thanks for all the help and hopefully pictures of me up and skiing on mon :D
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby dee_ski » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:20 pm

I learnt to barefoot using a learner bar and sitting on a kneeboard. Like what was said before, dont panick, do everything slowly and before you know it youll be on top of the water. It took me 3 goes to get it.
Remember to keep your eyes up, if you look down, your buggered.
As for foot wear, my mate wheres dunlop volleys if his feet are getting a bit hot after a while. He finds we can slow the boat down a little and then he has more control when going around corners at the creek.
Hope this helps
dee_ski
Tantrum

Postby newb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 am

DNO109 wrote:somerset so will have to hope that weather is good.

get up early then and beat the wind and the other boats
newb
OHH

Postby DNO109 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks Dee Ski yes have heard of others using volleys to stop the burn. i found that when i was learning to single look at the water and thats where you end up :lol:
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby newb » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

There's been no reply to let us know how you went? I hope that doesn't mean your in plaster up to your neck and can't type!! :lol:
newb
OHH

Postby DNO109 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Well unfortunatley due to reasons out of my control we didnt get down there till bout ten and there were boats everywhere then after lunch the fricken wind picked up and there was a swell :evil: but never mind this weekend planning on being there first thing.
DNO109
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby brodie_ski » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 pm

defantly gotta get ur stance figured out first befor to long, i had to teach myself when i was bout 15. i would stand up way to tall and bit to stiff but once u get ur stance right and can bend ur knees and all that, it becomes alot easier on u, and u dont get as tired as quick.
hope u get up champ good feelin when ur up and cruisin along
brodie_ski
Surface 180

footin... from tube.

Postby dmanvan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 pm

somethign to try which we think is better than a kneeboard is to sit in a round tube/biscuit with the rope removed from it...

Lay back at the start like you normally would in a biscuit so it doesnt submarine... get up to speed and then legs forward (slightly bent ) onto the water youll be up in no time and the tube will just release behind you when you stand up....

have done both kneeboard and this way and the tube is a lot easier and no chance of losing you nuts on the kneeboard. also easier to find and less dangerous than someone running into the kneeboard when you have let it go....

go hard
dmanvan
Fashion Air

Postby nicvtx » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 pm

This probably wasn't the best idea!!!

My brother wanted to learn how to barefoot, so it was late afternoon so we decided to chuck out the tube and a wakeboard handle so we got all the lengths fixed up.

So we chucked him on the tube got up to about 32 mph just seeing what's happening behind, so then he pops his legs off the front of the tube, but not thinking at the time he puts his feet in the water an it catches him and pulls him off the front of the tube, the rope was between his legs and fell ontop of the rope and got caught under the tube.

As soon as we saw that we threw the boat into reverse at about 35 mph, it didn't sound to good but we pulled up quick. And floored it back round to him, he had grazes going up his thighs where he was caught on the rope,

He got up onto the platform and said "Dont tell mum" it was really funny after that
I like turtles because they're so chill. They don't hurt anyone. They're just like, "Hey man, I want to swim, and maybe eat some lettuce. But I'm gonna take my time getting there, I'm not in a rush. Because I'm a turtle."
nicvtx
Blender

Re: footin... from tube.

Postby Stax » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 am

dmanvan wrote:somethign to try which we think is better than a kneeboard is to sit in a round tube/biscuit with the rope removed from it...

Lay back at the start like you normally would in a biscuit so it doesnt submarine... get up to speed and then legs forward (slightly bent ) onto the water youll be up in no time and the tube will just release behind you when you stand up....

have done both kneeboard and this way and the tube is a lot easier and no chance of losing you nuts on the kneeboard. also easier to find and less dangerous than someone running into the kneeboard when you have let it go....

go hard

yeah , attaching the tube to the boat IS a bad idea nicvtx :roll: :lol:
Shake'n'Bake
Stax
Slurpee
Super Owner

Postby nicvtx » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

We learnt that the hard way!!!

But it was late afternoon and wanted to get out of the river so we were rushing, but it was funny in the end!!
I like turtles because they're so chill. They don't hurt anyone. They're just like, "Hey man, I want to swim, and maybe eat some lettuce. But I'm gonna take my time getting there, I'm not in a rush. Because I'm a turtle."
nicvtx
Blender

Postby nevergrew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 pm

dee_ski wrote: my mate wheres dunlop volleys if his feet are getting a bit hot after a while. He finds we can slow the boat down a little and then he has more control when going around corners at the creek.
Hope this helps

That's how I do it. I know it's cheating but it's still a lot of fun. Very true about slowing the boat down as well, I can foot below slalom speeds - like 30mph !! :D but it's heaps easier to do one footers when you honking faster. Whips are also a blast :lol: :lol:
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

PreviousNext

• Advertisement