foilboards

Postby Baldyforks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Just wondering if anyone has even riden one? They are a bit like an air chair but with the hyrofoil on a board. I've seen them in kiting and bigwave surfing. Would be cool floating above the water I recon.
Baldyforks
Front Flip

Postby darth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:40 am

I have had one for nearly 8 years now. They are great fun to ride.I havnt done any tow in surfing on it but maybe one day.
I have built a few for guys who kite surf as well.
They are not the easiest thing to ride and they are murder on your leg muscles.
Go high or go home!!!!
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby Baldyforks » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 am

youve built some. cool. whats involved in that?
Baldyforks
Front Flip

Postby darth » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 am

Making Hydrofoils is my business, i export to the US and Europe. I make the Tbar and wings and offer them as an upgrade for the skyski and airchair. As for the standup i used an old skyski board,the bindings and boots were some early hard sided snow board boots mounted to an ally plate which then screwed to the board. The tbar i used, i hand made 9 years ago for my daughter to ride.Its a shorter version than the standard ones available.I welded a plate to the top of it which then bolts to the board with the binding plate on top of it.Its pretty rough what i did but it works a treat.
I used the hard sided boots as they are much stiffer around your ankles.I did try some K2 clicker bindings and some standard soft sided bindings.Surfers and kiteboarders use them but i found them not rigid enough
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go high or go home!!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby Baldyforks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:35 pm

cool, do you still make them? and how much would just the foil and bar be?
Baldyforks
Front Flip

Postby darth » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:42 pm

PM me with your details and i will call you to discuss
details
Go high or go home!!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby gotwake » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Darth knows his stuff, best hydrofoils in the world, just about to get my new one anno'd.
It's not wether you win or lose-but if i win or lose
gotwake
Ozmosis 7

Postby Baldyforks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:29 pm

hey darth i dont want to waste your time cause i dont want to spent to much i was just looking for a ball park figure cause its only for a bit of fun when the waters a bit rough.

cheers
Baldyforks
Front Flip

Postby jcooper » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:33 pm

darth wrote:Making Hydrofoils is my business, i export to the US and Europe. I make the Tbar and wings and offer them as an upgrade for the skyski and airchair. As for the standup i used an old skyski board,the bindings and boots were some early hard sided snow board boots mounted to an ally plate which then screwed to the board. The tbar i used, i hand made 9 years ago for my daughter to ride.Its a shorter version than the standard ones available.I welded a plate to the top of it which then bolts to the board with the binding plate on top of it.Its pretty rough what i did but it works a treat.
I used the hard sided boots as they are much stiffer around your ankles.I did try some K2 clicker bindings and some standard soft sided bindings.Surfers and kiteboarders use them but i found them not rigid enough

Do you guys have an association or club that would be interested in doing a demo at Doonstock 2010
Boat Collection 1993 to 2015: Flightcraft Banshee, Hallet Skimaster(x2), Stejcraft Skier(x2), Stejcraft Silhoette, Gilflite Shortline 190, Ramsay Impala, Malibu Response(x2) - Response LX - Response LXi, Sleekline CX22, Mastercraft Prostar 190 & 205
jcooper
Pete Rose
Mastercraft Owner

Postby AndrewC » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:40 pm

jcooper wrote:
darth wrote:Making Hydrofoils is my business, i export to the US and Europe. I make the Tbar and wings and offer them as an upgrade for the skyski and airchair. As for the standup i used an old skyski board,the bindings and boots were some early hard sided snow board boots mounted to an ally plate which then screwed to the board. The tbar i used, i hand made 9 years ago for my daughter to ride.Its a shorter version than the standard ones available.I welded a plate to the top of it which then bolts to the board with the binding plate on top of it.Its pretty rough what i did but it works a treat.

Do you guys have an association or club that would be interested in doing a demo at Doonstock 2010

http://www.ozeflyin.net/bb/

Put a shout out on the ozeflyin forum (link above), there are plenty of good riders around the country that will happily get involved.
AndrewC
Crow-Mobe
Nautique Owner

Postby jcooper » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah thanks mate, registered today and just waiting to be approved.

Would be great to see a demo, you guys are nuts! :P
Boat Collection 1993 to 2015: Flightcraft Banshee, Hallet Skimaster(x2), Stejcraft Skier(x2), Stejcraft Silhoette, Gilflite Shortline 190, Ramsay Impala, Malibu Response(x2) - Response LX - Response LXi, Sleekline CX22, Mastercraft Prostar 190 & 205
jcooper
Pete Rose
Mastercraft Owner

Postby jcooper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am

jcooper
Pete Rose
Mastercraft Owner

Postby darth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am

There are a couple of fellas that live near melbourne that do Moomba and ride 2 up on hydrofoils.They are pretty good riders and good to watch.I will try and get there details for you.
Go high or go home!!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby jcooper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

darth wrote:There are a couple of fellas that live near melbourne that do Moomba and ride 2 up on hydrofoils.They are pretty good riders and good to watch.I will try and get there details for you.

Great, I can sort out a special Doonstock deal for them if they like.
jcooper
Pete Rose
Mastercraft Owner

• Advertisement