What family skiing is all about

Postby AndrewC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:10 pm

The young fella decided on the weekend that he wanted to be part of the action so we though we'd give him a go. Was great fun and can't wait for the rest of summer. Could not resist sharing the photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndrewC
Crow-Mobe
Nautique Owner

Re: What family skiing is all about

Postby nevergrew » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Well done mate. How old?

My 2.5yo had his first ezyski a couple of weekends ago.
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby AndrewC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:12 pm

2 and 2 months, he's been all talk for a while about doing it but always bailed out at last minute until now. Since he discovered he could swim with a life jacket on, he's decided to give everything a go
AndrewC
Crow-Mobe
Nautique Owner

Postby Pane » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm

G'day

That's awesome mate. I don't have kids yet but I hope they have the same interest that I have. I watched parents with 5 year olds and up at our lake here who won't let there kids even near the boat let alone out behind it.

Cheers
Pane
Blind 180

Postby JaydenC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:38 pm

My father used to waterski all the time when he was in his 20s. But unfortunately had to give it up when he got married and had kids.

Now I'm in my 20s and enjoy the same thing he did with my own boat. It was a special moment for me when I was able to get him up on a ski for his first time in 30 years.

That's what family skiing means to me. And hopefully one day I'll have kids who I can teach to ski and then do the same for me!
JaydenC
Wake to Wake

Postby doofuss » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Great to see Andrew....My daughter was kneeboarding at 3 years old......Teach them young and then cherish every moment you all spend together on the water :D :D
Sun, surf, sand and freedom, that's what living in Australia is all about.
doofuss
Ozmosis 7
Super Owner

Postby albion_park_newbie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 pm

AndrewC wrote:2 and 2 months, he's been all talk for a while about doing it but always bailed out at last minute until now. Since he discovered he could swim with a life jacket on, he's decided to give everything a go

can i ask what type of inflatable that is? ive been looking for one for my little guy and that looks like a good size

and do they come up second hand ever does anyone want to part with one?
Pride Panther 150hp mercury

Crank Enviga & CWB Hinge Tech 7even bindings

Thanks to Dave from Purely Outboards
albion_park_newbie

Postby AndrewC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Mate,

It is one made by OBrien. There is another one called an EZski as well. I opted to buy the O'brien one as it is easier to store on the boat. It is fully inflatable including the floor, but, this does not make it the better on for use. The EZski has a hard timber floor but that makes it harder to store. That was at the time the I purchased mine.

Now days, EZski's new model as a two piece folding timber floor which fixes the storage problem. I would go with that if I had may chance again as the floor is solid and reassuring for the you ones. The seat area is also a better size and shape
AndrewC
Crow-Mobe
Nautique Owner

Postby jcooper » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 am

Play together = stay together
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boat Collection 1993 to 2015: Flightcraft Banshee, Hallet Skimaster(x2), Stejcraft Skier(x2), Stejcraft Silhoette, Gilflite Shortline 190, Ramsay Impala, Malibu Response(x2) - Response LX - Response LXi, Sleekline CX22, Mastercraft Prostar 190 & 205
jcooper
Pete Rose
Mastercraft Owner

Postby peterpan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 pm

AndrewC wrote:Hi Mate,

It is one made by OBrien. There is another one called an EZski as well. I opted to buy the O'brien one as it is easier to store on the boat. It is fully inflatable including the floor, but, this does not make it the better on for use. The EZski has a hard timber floor but that makes it harder to store. That was at the time the I purchased mine.

Now days, EZski's new model as a two piece folding timber floor which fixes the storage problem. I would go with that if I had may chance again as the floor is solid and reassuring for the you ones. The seat area is also a better size and shape

Does anyone out there have one of these new model EZski's?? What are the dimensions once dis-assembled (into 2 boards and inflatable component)?? Also overall weight would be great.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
peterpan

Postby bretta7 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Hey Peter,
The Ezy-ski doesn't actually dissemble, it's still a complete unit the 2 floor boards just fold over each other. I think it's about 1m long and about 300mm wide when folded up. It weighs bugger all. It has been a great introduction to watersports for my 2 young blokes. Good luck with it.
bretta7
Blind 180

Postby peterpan » Thu May 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks for the reply ... those dimensions are similar to what I have gained from other sources and it is interesting to hear about the lack of weight.
Definitely getting one prior to next summer so the daughter can enjoy her time out on the water even more!!
peterpan

Postby Vaughan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Sorry to reply to an old post.

I am curious to know where you bought the ez ski from (The green one in the pic?) Is it a genuine ez ski, or a similar product?

Looking to buy one for my daughter (3yo), but wondered if there was anything cheaper than the $200 average price. (Is too much money to spend for something that she may still not be 100% keen on using)...
Vaughan
Surface 180

Postby peterpan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:58 pm

The green one in the picture is from Obrien which is slightly different to a genuine EZski ... Andrew has a good summary of the difference in his 7 Feb post above.

I decided to get the EZski and since I was heading to the US a few months back, was considering either bringing one back as part of luggage or posting back (hence my questions regarding dimensions & weight). Just prior to going, I came across a super deal on ebay so just hit "buy now" ... can't remember what I paid but it came from one of the larger US ski shops and was cheap.

My 5yr old daughter is currently distracted with some other sport commitments but is very excited about heading out and giving it a go in the next fortnight or so ... we've spoken about body position etc so she puts socks on and I tow her around the tiled house as she screams "I'm skiing , I'm skiing!!"
peterpan

• Advertisement