Re: Perth Riders

Postby JoelWA76 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 pm

yeah I'm going to go test the waters. Probably at Glen Mervin, not much water atm though. Should be safe with not many others out.
JoelWA76
Wake to Wake

Postby Intheday » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Intheday
Fashion Air

Postby spong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 am

What do you think the outcomes will be for the park users? Do you reckon the guys building the wake park are howling?
spong

Postby Intheday » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:14 pm

I recon the wake park guys would be spewing to be able to buy the park and add cable would have made sense and income from day one.

Who knows what happens but I bet the current leaseholders are on short term leases so that there is more flexibility for potential purchasers
Intheday
Fashion Air

Postby imx » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Intheday wrote:I recon the wake park guys would be spewing to be able to buy the park and add cable would have made sense and income from day one.

Who knows what happens but I bet the current leaseholders are on short term leases so that there is more flexibility for potential purchasers

Bit hard to say for sure without looking at actual contracts. The realtor does state that leases will be honoured by new owners though. I would have thought that most of these leases were on a 12 month basis anyway. The crux of the matter will be potential return for investor/s, and you will only tell that by examining the books. Anyone seriously looking at this with a view to continuing to operate it in its current form would have to consider what percentage of the income is derived from leaseholders and reaction to increasing prices. Unless someone has a completely different plan for the facility, you wouldn't want to jeapordise what I would think is a limited market.Never had a lease there so i am only postulating.
imx
Slurpee

Postby Shaunos83 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Shaunos83

Postby doofuss » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Intheday wrote:I recon the wake park guys would be spewing to be able to buy the park and add cable would have made sense and income from day one.

The leases are renewed individually on a yearly basis and are a binding contract on both parties, so they presently remain unchanged.

The park still has plenty of potential and can be readily expanded and further developed by someone with a bit of forward thinking and a good business plan.

People also need to remember that the park doesnt derive income solely from lake leases. Delta Paintball leases land and operates within the park confines as do the WA jet sprint boats. There is also a small caravan park on site, plenty of boat storage sheds which are leased out, a lunch bar, show room and a mobile phone tower all of which bring additional income to the park.

As a lease holder myself, I would like to see the park keep operating in its current format, albeit with some improvement in certain key areas.
Sun, surf, sand and freedom, that's what living in Australia is all about.
doofuss
Ozmosis 7
Super Owner

Postby Intheday » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey Doofus have the just renewed the leases? If so that is good news for water sports in Perth. Waroona 47% full the cable park looming bring on the season
Intheday
Fashion Air

Postby doofuss » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Intheday wrote:Hey Doofus have the just renewed the leases? If so that is good news for water sports in Perth. Waroona 47% full the cable park looming bring on the season

My lease renewal is due in December mate, so I am hoping it is business as normal.
doofuss
Ozmosis 7
Super Owner

Postby Howy11 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Dear Valued Leaseholders,

Please be advised that as from today Thursday 15th August 2013 “All Lakes” will be Closed for skiing due to necessary water treatment being administered.

All the lakes are regularly tested for water quality by The City of Rockingham and ourselves and now that the lakes are filled to capacity, all lakes must be treated at the same time ready for the new Ski season.

Management regrets any inconvenience with the closure, however all your leases will be extended accordingly. We anticipate the closure will be for approximately 2 weeks and you will be notified as soon as the lakes are ready for use.

Thank you for your understanding with this matter and we look forward to another great Skiing season at “Bonneys”.

Regards
Noel Bonney
Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.
Howy11
Blind 3
Gilflite Owner
Lewis Owner

Postby couta » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am

I did read that its closed for a couple weeks... the water quality is something that has been on a continual drop for the last year.

on another note i did go for a drive down to Waroona Dam on the weekend. Its not the best, but its an improvement from last some of the photos i have seen. Also i thought I spotted a G23 there?? I do have bad eyes... so it may have been something else?? anyone know if there is one here??
couta
Toe 720
Matrix Owner

Postby walker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Hey Perthians,

Just wondering if anyone was down at Deepwater point this Sat just gone (24th)?

60+ stand up paddlers were racing straight down the middle of the ski area, past the launch ramp and the cafe and towards the raffles from 9-11am

Very dangerous and completely the wrong area to do this in my opinion. When we asked the dingy that was with them what was going on we had a few angry paddlers get their back up telling us to p!ss off... they then told us they had booked the area until 11am, we pointed out that our boat and the other 15 boats in the area had no idea of this and possible some signage was a good idea!!

To top it off the paddlers had kindly parked their cars in the boat trailer bays, all of them, i arrived at 9.15 and luckily took the last bay available as someone pulled out.

Anyone have any comments on how the powerboat community with such limited areas still gets pushed aside for any other sport wanting to use their 2% of river?!?!

end rant.. :)
walker

Postby doofuss » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:12 pm

If the rumours about fee increases for lease holders at Bonneys proven to be true, there could be a lot more boats this Summer competing for what little bits of public wateways are available for boarding. :evil: :evil:
doofuss
Ozmosis 7
Super Owner

Postby dudester » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Walker, me and Doofuss were once rammed by these idiots in the ski area because they believed we were violating their water !!
dudester
KGB 540
Malibu Owner

Postby walker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm

wow... i was interested to see if they actually had permission.

shame we can''t "book it out" indefinitely... :)
walker

Postby doofuss » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:56 pm

dudester wrote:Walker, me and Doofuss were once rammed by these idiots in the ski area because they believed we were violating their water !!

Haha...I remember that. What an idiot he was
doofuss
Ozmosis 7
Super Owner

Postby dudester » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

I know what I'd do now, I'd touch a few buttons to make my boat as fat as possible and swamp the idiot !!
dudester
KGB 540
Malibu Owner

Postby yammy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 pm

have any of you perthies lost a wakeboard. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waroona/ ... 1026678706
yammy
Tantrum

Postby Mini » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:58 pm

new edit everyone :) https://vimeo.com/77895045
Mini
Tantrum

Postby adventurousone » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Hey all! Not sure where to introduce myself, so I'm jumping in right here :) 23 year old girl from California just moved here and looking to get into the wakeboard scene. I used to ride all the time back at home but haven't met anyone who does here :( If anyone is looking for a 3rd person, let me know! Any advice on how to get into the realm? Let me know if I should start a new thread for this :P
adventurousone
Surface 180

PreviousNext

• Advertisement