South Australian Wakeboarders

Postby Lolly » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:21 pm

hey everyone im a chick from South Australia ive been going up the river since i was about 5 and i luv it so much id rather be there than anywhere else ive just started wakeboarding like at new years ive been kneeboarding since i was about 6 but yer anyway i just thought it would be sick to talk to some wakeboarders from south australia and from around here
Lolly
Blind 180

Postby SHIFTA » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:27 pm

Hey there Lolly, welcome to the Forum.

Good to hear you have gotten into wakeboarding. We leave the knee boards at home now that we all can board - definitely more fun. I think there are quite a few SA people on here. Where about's do you ride?

We try and get to the river pretty often around Murray Bridge for day trips and Renmark at XMAS/Easter time.
SHIFTA
Back Roll

Postby Lolly » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:36 pm

yer i love the river so much i go up all the time every chance i get i mainly ride up at Tailem Bend now we always go up with our friends its gr8 fun. so where bouts in south australia you from like the hills or adelaide etc...
Lolly
Blind 180

Postby Link85 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:17 pm

Heeeeeey
Im from SA 2 !!
Good to meet some peeps from ur own state ay !!
how old r u dudes ?? Im 18 now and starting to get into it a bit more but dont really have a lot of mates that do it so its hard
Im Greg anyway
Link85
Raley

Postby Flea » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:52 pm

hey anyone heard from Zac Caudo over there?
hes from Perth but his parents have a winery or something over there and he rides there.
Flea
Slurpee

Postby Link85 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:01 am

nah sorry man never heard of him but im not very big on the scene yet
Link85
Raley

Postby Blazin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:18 pm

Hey lolly. Its good to see the girls getting involved in the sport as well. You love it. Just be careful of you toeside edge (of the board). This edge is often the cause of many falls for beginners.

Anyway, we have a shack in Morgan which is about 30 minutes closer to adelaide than waikerie. Its a great spot up there and we try and go every wk end. Its an awesome sport.
Blazin
Front Flip

Postby Link85 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:19 pm

hey just wanted to say this was a cool idea to make a SA post where every1 from SA can get to kno each other and stuff
Link85
Raley

Postby sarj » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:02 pm

come on
SA is defenatly growing to this sport and it is good to see the girls getting involved
im from morphett vale -down south im 15-(16 in a month) and i rideup Renmark over xmas/easter/overnites but for 1 dayers at Wellington.
sarj

Postby rpmjunky » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:03 pm

yeah i'm from the adelaide hills, we normally ride anywhere from murray bridge, mannum, walkers flat depending on the weather.

normally head up near waikerie over easter, nice wide part of the river and glassy most days to.
rpmjunky
Raley

Postby Lolly » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:25 pm

Rad yer thanx every1 who's writing bak to me in this forum like yer its rad tlkn to ppl from other states but i just thought it would be kewl to get to know some ppl from aroud here aswell. hey if any of you's have msn or anything add me (if ya wanna tat is) i think my email address is on my profile im not sure but yer it'd be kewl to tlk to ya some more. oh and blazin thanx for the tip wakeboarding is sweet and thankfully i havnt stacked it too badly yet and caused much pain but i know tat wont last for long but its kewl to get as much advice as i can. up the river im always with the guys who have been wakeboarding for ages so they help a little which is kewl.
Lolly
Blind 180

Postby punyboarder » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:24 pm

hey everyone! im from salisbury east in sa! and we ride at a place called punyelroo near swan reach! havent been up for a few weeks as the boats not running at the moment! anyway just thought id add myself to the list of south aussies!
adam :lol:
punyboarder
OHH

south australian wakeboarding

Postby switch313 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:17 pm

Hey lolly,

good to see a few more chicks gettin out on the water. I live in brooklyn park and we head down to a mates shack at blanchetown, murray bridge n mannum and yeah i agree theres no place like the murray. Am a bit older than you guys(23) and have been wakeboarding for about 4 years. Be good to catch up with all you guys for a ride sometime. Good to hear from so many sa people.

Cheers all
Kable
switch313
Surface 180

Postby Link85 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:05 pm

yeah that'd be sick, like meeting all the peeps from the forums
should organise a ride sometime
Link85
Raley

Postby sarj » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:48 pm

is anyone a member of wakeboard sa?
sarj

Postby Demps » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:45 pm

Hey Guys I am from SA as well, I normally board near Morgan. A mate has a shack up that way. For a day trip we normally go to walkers flat or manum.

Have only been wakeboarding for 1 1/2 years but I love it & cant get enough. I wanted to keep going during winter but my mates say it is to cold & wont go :(
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Link85 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:11 pm

hey thats the same as my mates !! They wont go in the winter but im hell keen to get out !
Link85
Raley

Postby Lolly » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:26 pm

hey yer winter sux so much i hate it i can not wait for summer to come bak. we went up the river a few weeks ago on the long weekend and it was so cold and the water was . the guys went for one wakeskate and tats all and even then it was a night ride coz the water was so bad during the day. but yer the water was so cold one of the guys had a dry suit so he was fine but my bro was absolutly crazy he went for a night ride in just his board shorts so not cool lol
Lolly
Blind 180

Postby sarj » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:39 pm

i wonder if this page will get bigger than the "perth riders" post - 6 pages
sarj

Postby Link85 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:41 am

Haahahaha might take some time.
we just have to think of more stuff to talk bout than them !
Link85
Raley

Postby Demps » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:17 pm

ok what type of board do you guys/girls ride?

at the moment we ride a Liquid Force Trip 138. We are looking at getting a parks 04. We were also looking at a Substance. We want a couple of different boards that we can ride depending on what mood we are in.

The hardest part is to try & talk my mate into going out in the next few weeks to demo the boards. He will cry like a baby & say it is to cold but I am keen to go. Not sure if I can wait until summer to get back on the water :)
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Link85 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:33 pm

hahahaha if ya mate wont go i'll come out with ya demps !!
I was looking at the 04 trip 138 i was gunna get it with alphas coz i reckn they look like sick boots.
But now i have a 04 Obrien Player its 138 and has 04 LiquidForce Ultras
Just got it actucally and havent really got a chance to ride it n get used to it yet
Link85
Raley

Postby Demps » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:36 pm

Do you have a boat Link85?

That is my other prob... my mate is the one with the boat :( he has the bindings as well so I kinda need him so we can put his bindings on one of the boards to demo.

Where do you live? I am in Salisbury East

some of out other mates have the trip so my mate & I wanted to get a parks. My mate sold his old board so we are going to go halves.

You probably wrote this earlier but where do you normally ride?
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Demps » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:37 pm

come on guys we havent even got this post over 1 page yet :)
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby punyboarder » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:04 pm

hey demps! i live in salisbury east 2! i ride a parks 143 03 model with high back bindings, i love the board! i also have a boat but it doesnt have a great wake its a camero volante! we ride at a place called punyelroo, anyway just thought id let you know that!
punyboarder
OHH

Postby sambo » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:44 pm

G'day Guys, I'm a fellow South Australian along with my mate switch313. We both ride 03 Premier 140's. He has 03 High backs, and I just got some 04 Temets ready for my return (replaced my 03 Byerly's.). I'm from the Northern Suburbs too. We usually head up to Blanchetown or Morgan for Day trips, and Blanchetown, Renmark and Mildura for longer stays. Would be going up more through winter, but I can't get the others motivated, and I can't lead by example til my leg sorts itself out. Hopefully back on the board around late october, early november. All you guys heading up to Renmark for the invitational this year?
See you on the switch side and don't drink and drive, catch a Half-Cab
sambo
KGB

Postby Link85 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:46 pm

Nah i dont have a boat at the moment :( my dad and i are looking for a decent one now
Perhaps we can ride with puny !! Me n Demps will help build up the wake by sittin in the back of the boat Puny !!
I live in Adelaide at Largs Bay (Just next to sema4) and i usually ride with my uni club at Whitesands or with my family at walkers flat so on murray
Link85
Raley

Postby Lolly » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:16 pm

hey guys howz things goin hmm yer your definately rite we need to beat the perth ppl lol nah umm yer i dont have my own board but most of the guys would let me use theres if i want im saving up for my own board (nothin like having you own) but generally i just ride my brothers insite and its an awseome board not tat im tat good on the water or anything at the moment but i think its great to ride. he used to hav a CWB sol with Fuel bindings hmm the board was kewl and absolutly nothing wrong with it but the bindings absolutly sucked i hated them they hurt your feet so much and you always fall out of them. hey sambo i know how ya feel with the injury factor and being out of the water for a while i stuffed up my knee a couple of years ago and didnt go in for ages. wats hapnin with your leg did you injur it on the water?
Lolly
Blind 180

Postby Demps » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:51 am

I used to live in North Haven & then Largs Bay with my parents. They still live in Largs Bay.

So puny is the parks good? I have contacted Rapid to see if they have one we can demo & they said that they do. Now I just have to get my mate ready. I havent told him yet :) although not sure if he is able to go, he burst his ear drum last time we went out & the doc said he should get it wet until around Sept. I keep telling him not to be soft, maybe he should wear a shower cap hehehehe.

Sambo how is the leg going? have you still got that thing bolted to the out side of your leg? When is the invitational?

Link85 are you saying I am fat? help build up the wake hey? hehehehe only kidding :) I didnt realise that there were so many wakeboarders on here that were from SA.
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Link85 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:41 pm

Yeah its alright ay there's a few of us !
Maybe we should organise a wake.com.au get together thing for us south ozies like the big one that cam is trying to organise for all members at somerset, but we should have like an SA version
Link85
Raley

Postby punyboarder » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:50 pm

hey demps! yea i love the parks board now but it did take a little while to get used to, it is very solid on the water and is a very sticky board, i wish i could have demoed a few more before i bought it, it is very poppy off the wake no matter how small it is! i do find it a bit unpredictable at times! im not the greatest rider but love getting out an have fun! i went for the parks 143 as im not the smallest bloke around! so i guess it depends what you like to ride whether you like the parks!

if you guys ever want a ride pm me! or if anyone ever needs a crew over the winter do the same as im always looking for a ride or crew over winter! (especially now that the boat isnt running and im busy trying to fix it!)
anyway south aussies keep posting on this forum so it can get bigger! i think we are still on the first page!
punyboarder
OHH

Postby punyboarder » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:50 pm

yay! we just went onto the second page!
punyboarder
OHH

Postby Link85 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:28 pm

When u get ya boat fixed Puny Im definately keen to come out riding with ya as we dont have a boat at the mo :( my dads in the process of looking 4 one coz i dont have enough money
Link85
Raley

Postby punyboarder » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:32 pm

how old are you guys? (not that it matters!) im 23! yea will keep you guys posted when the boats fixed! ill be working on it all this weekend so hopefully will be ready in a couple of weeks (touch wood) ill let you guys know how it goes!
punyboarder
OHH

Postby Link85 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:26 pm

im 18
yeah def keep me posted im keen anytime
Link85
Raley

Postby Demps » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:54 am

Yay we made it to the second page!!

For sure I am keen as to come out. I am not the best rider either but it's all about having fun :) I spoke to my mate last night & he told me that the boat we use isnt insured during winter. It is cheaper that way apparently. So we cant use his boat.

Well it is his girlfriends Dads boat. He bought it so we can all get together & go for a wakeboard.

Do you guys have a steamer or a dry suit for the winter?

I feel like a grandpa, I am 26 hehehehe
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Link85 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:45 pm

Yeah i dunno
Ive never riden in winter before, this is sorta my first real year of wakeboarding.
I have a steamer and a springer coz im into surfing n that aswell but never worn a wettie wakeboarding.
In summer I just need the boardies !
Link85
Raley

Postby darth » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Gday all.just thought i would intro myself.I have a shack at woodlane half way between murray bridge and Mannum.Dont ride the wake board that much these days as i am having to much fun on my SKY SKI HYDROFOIL.I also ride a stand up hydrofoil which you can use for tow in Surfing as well.if your up that way flag us down and say hello.You might even want to shift over to the "DARK SIDE" and have a go on a piece of awsome equipment.Pro riders can get 20 feet of air under them,that is with no wake to assist.Attached is the stand up Or Airboard as we call it
Darth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go high or go home!!!!
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby punyboarder » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:24 pm

yea i used to not insure my boat over the winter because it was cheaper but this year i insured it all year round so that we can go anytime, also when the boat is in layup it is required to stay at the one address and we have now bought a caravan up the river so the boat stays up there mostly but comes home sometimes, yea will definantly keep you guys posted when the boat is running again and you can all come for a ride!
punyboarder
OHH

Postby Jase » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:40 pm

:D Gday guys & gals. Just a quick intro as I have just registered. I'm jason, 27 & live at North Haven. (Parents) Have got a place at Scott's Creek near Morgan. Usually up there every 2nd weekend. The best water starts now! (cold but no one else out!) Been on the murray all my life, used to ski/board at Punyeleroo until 5 years ago (very busy around those parts these days). Been boarding for a number of years now, average rider, but luv being out on the water with my family/friends. Own a white & black Matrix and always enjoy taking a few of the younger local crew out for rides. Trying to push these guys to take their riding a little further each time. My body will give up at some stage i'm sure & want to see you guys tearing it up out the front of my place!
Jase
Surface 180

Postby Blazin » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:08 am

Jase wrote::D Gday guys & gals. Just a quick intro as I have just registered. I'm jason, 27 & live at North Haven. (Parents) Have got a place at Scott's Creek near Morgan. Usually up there every 2nd weekend. The best water starts now! (cold but no one else out!) Been on the murray all my life, used to ski/board at Punyeleroo until 5 years ago (very busy around those parts these days). Been boarding for a number of years now, average rider, but luv being out on the water with my family/friends. Own a white & black Matrix and always enjoy taking a few of the younger local crew out for rides. Trying to push these guys to take their riding a little further each time. My body will give up at some stage i'm sure & want to see you guys tearing it up out the front of my place!

We also have a shack up that way, but in morgan. Actually in Brenda Park. And we too have a matrix. Its bergandy and white. Haven't had to board for a while, but your right, the conditions are awesome at this time of year. Maybe we'll see ya up there at some stage.
Blazin
Front Flip

Postby Jase » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:04 pm

Yep, blazin, I know the one. Nice choice of colour too. I'm sure i'll see you out there soon. Nice profile shot by the way ( especially with Pelican Point cliffs in background). Wake looks good too. How do you load up the Sorrento?
Good things come to those who wake!
Jase
Surface 180

Postby BLaZe » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:58 pm

sarj wrote:i wonder if this page will get bigger than the "perth riders" post - 6 pages

Good luck beating our 7 pages and counting.

Come to think of it why am i helping you
BLaZe
Toe 720

Postby Blazin » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:02 am

Jase wrote:Yep, blazin, I know the one. Nice choice of colour too. I'm sure i'll see you out there soon. Nice profile shot by the way ( especially with Pelican Point cliffs in background). Wake looks good too. How do you load up the Sorrento?

We use the standard ballast and some 20liter water drums. They're easy to put in and out, so if someone doesn't want a big wake, then it can be adjusted in a matter of minutes. How do you guyz load up ya sorrento? Is you matrix only a couple months old?
Blazin
Front Flip

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:29 pm

Nah. Mine is about 4 years old now. Still does the job really well though & still in good nik. I'm just starting to think about updating & will probably make a decision soon after boat show. I load up with standard tanks + about 200 kg extra under rear seat. Very little really. Usually try to get people in instead. So will you be riding during the winter?
Jase
Surface 180

Postby Demps » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:52 pm

Hey guys I wakeboard up at brenda park as well. My mate has his shack there. Our boat is a white Legend series 2 with a black canopy.

I might see you guys up there.
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:16 pm

Heading up any time soon, Demps? I'll be up on boat show weekend. Going to the show on thurs morn then head up thurs arvo prob.
Jase
Surface 180

Postby Blazin » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:00 am

Jase wrote:Nah. Mine is about 4 years old now. Still does the job really well though & still in good nik. I'm just starting to think about updating & will probably make a decision soon after boat show. I load up with standard tanks + about 200 kg extra under rear seat. Very little really. Usually try to get people in instead. So will you be riding during the winter?

Yeah our matrix is about 330hrs old now too (about 3 years or so). We are really happy with it. We only get about 200kgs extra in there as well. Its not much, but it seems to do the job. We took ant asplin out behind it with balast, 200kgs extra and six people. The wake was plenty big enought for him.

We normally go during winter, but haven't' had the opportunity to get up there for a little while. I'm dying for another ride. If you ever need someone to observe or what ever, let me know.

Was lucky enough to pick up a 2nd hand dry suit for $85. its basically brand new. So bring on the cold water!!!!
Blazin
Front Flip

Postby Demps » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Hey Jase!!!

I dont know when the next time will be that I will be up there. My mates are on holiday at the moment, they have 2 weeks off (they work for Holden). I know they were going to head up to Brenda Park at some stage during the 2 week period that started Monday I think.

They wont wakeboard, they keep saying it is to cold & the boat isnt registered. So unfrotunately we have to wait for summer to come around :(
Demps
Wake to Wake

Postby Jase » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:02 pm

Yep. I work there too but only got next week off.

I say get your butt up there, get your mates motivated & get out on that water!
Jase
Surface 180

Next