Postby southern33 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:31 am

Renmark, check out riverbend caravan park, real nice cabins there. Plenty of good water around there as well.
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby up2mischief » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:54 pm

i'll do that, thanks for the recommendation, cheers.
Thats not living barry, this is living!
up2mischief
Fashion Air

Postby jabba101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:18 am

Anyone know what the rivers like around mannum??heading there Monday wondering if theres been much rain up that way??
jabba101
Raley

Postby schills » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:21 am

Hey jabba I'm 150km upstream from Mannum but I can tell you that the river level is pretty much back to normal and the flow has dropped right off recently.....

Water temp has come up since Oct long weekend so you should be right for some good boarding... :)

Are you getting on one of the Unforgetable houseboats??
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Postby feral » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 am

weather over last 24hours suggests there might be a few trees and debri in the river which will be down mannum way by the weekend

other than that - as per shcills - it's all good!
Live: SA
Ride: "Snappers Paradise" - Swan Reach
Boat: X-Factor - "Hakuna Matata"

sometimes you race as hard as you can but you just can't get away from the Snapperheads
feral
Slurpee

Postby schills » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:46 am

Well good old Waikerie might make the Ch. 7 news tonite...

We got absolutely smashed by a storm front at about 4.30 yesterday arvo.... 8O

The spiralling clouds before the storm hit were a sight to see.... needless to say there is now plenty of firewood for everyone.... :)
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Postby jabba101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:52 pm

schills wrote:Hey jabba I'm 150km upstream from Mannum but I can tell you that the river level is pretty much back to normal and the flow has dropped right off recently.....

Water temp has come up since Oct long weekend so you should be right for some good boarding... :)

Are you getting on one of the Unforgetable houseboats??

hot that's what I was hoping to hear haha..yeah 10 of us goin for a week half board half don't can't wait..if anyone spots us come say g'day..
jabba101
Raley

Postby schills » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Some butter conditions on the Murray Saturday arvo..... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Need a ride in South Oz, have licence!

Postby DubMenace » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

I've put this into the Find a Ride section also..am obviously desperate! I'm looking for a ride I live in Henley Beach, have license and am a responsible driver.
happy to go pretty much anywhere on the Murray

I work some pretty random hours..a lot of weekday time off etc

Please anyone with a boat needing another rider contact me!
Kyle 0433457710
dubmenace@hotmail.com
DubMenace
Surface 180

Postby jabba101 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:23 pm

had a mad trip scored some good water near bow hill.. boarded all day then tipped a few stubbies back of a night time..defintly be back next year for another week..
jabba101
Raley

Postby feral » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 am

getting out this weekend after having a few jobs done on boat (new steering cable should make it easier? new log gland should make it dryer? ballast pumps should make it easier to empty? and a few other $'s chucked in)

still got quite a few hours at my desk then a work function before my view changes though (water level won't be that high either).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sometimes you race as hard as you can but you just can't get away from the Snapperheads
feral
Slurpee

Postby schills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Bump....... had to get this thread back on top..... not much has been posted up on here lately.......

So who's coming to Wake Up vs YHK at Waikerie this Saturday ???

Should be a great day....sounds like there's going to be a great range of boats there on the day to try and get a ride behind.

I'll be there most of the day so lets hope the weather's kind , suns out and the water is flat..... :D
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Postby Chimp » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:22 am

I'm going :D After 2 months off the water I want to board till my arms and legs drop off!!!!
Last edited by Chimp on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimp

Postby bedgie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Does any one know what time it starts and finishes?also is there any charge for spectators and camping
bedgie
Surface 180

Postby Knighty_77 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:53 pm

anyone find any good water over new years/christmas?
Knighty_77
Blender

Postby schills » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Congrats to Zac for hosting a great day on Saturday.......maybe one day the weather will be on your side... :)

I've put up some photo's in a new thread.
schills
Whirly
Super Owner

Re: South Australian Wakeboarders

Postby southern33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm

bump... anyone still riding? Has been a good summer so far considering the last few we have had. Saw a black and red nautique 230 going up tapleys hill rd at fulham this arvo, would be a great week up the river this week :D
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby killer52 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 am

We are still riding every weekend. Will be at a shack at Placid's all weekend. Should be good!
killer52
Blind 180
Super Owner

Postby feral » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 am

we have had some pretty windy weather so far this year (lots of south winds which really whip it up against the current) but still getting out a bit.

here's hoping for some quiet winds over the next couple of weeks.

feral
Slurpee

Postby southern33 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Anyone heading up the river for the long weekend? Heading to walker flat this arvo for 3 days, looks like the weather is going to be spot on, a mate has been up there since monday and reckons theres been glass water the whole time. Should be a top weekend for it.
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby feral » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 am

killer52 wrote:We are still riding every weekend. Will be at a shack at Placid's all weekend. Should be good!

thanks for saying goodaye yesterday - sorry i could hardly speak, i am very unfit at the moment so paddling that surf ski into the current was nearly killing me - still good excercise. catch you up there another time.

saturday was more south wind and , but got out for a short ride in awesome water sunday and nearly finished my new shed so it was a good weekend.

river levels heading back up and really strong current is a little concerning.

(new harley 139 was awesome)
Last edited by feral on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

feral
Slurpee

Postby southern33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

We have been told we are about 3 weeks away from seeing alot of water arrive. Does anyone from morgan way know what the levels are like above lock 1? I agree Feral, the current is getting pretty quick. How did you go with the ballast install on the x factor?
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby killer52 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am

feral wrote:
killer52 wrote:We are still riding every weekend. Will be at a shack at Placid's all weekend. Should be good!

thanks for saying goodaye yesterday - sorry i could hardly speak, i am very unfit at the moment so paddling that surf ski into the current was nearly killing me - still good excercise. catch you up there another time.

saturday was more south wind and , but got out for a short ride in awesome water sunday and nearly finished my new shed so it was a good weekend.

river levels heading back up and really strong current is a little concerning.

(new harley 139 was awesome)

No worries 'll let you know when we are heading up again. Hopefully next time we'll take our boat.

We pulled some small to medium logs out on Saturday arvo, it was flowing quickly, my crew were struggling in the kayaks upstream too! we were pretty lucky all weekend with the conditions. I even got out on the swerve stick a few times on the glassy water.
killer52
Blind 180
Super Owner

Postby feral » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 am

southern33 wrote:We have been told we are about 3 weeks away from seeing alot of water arrive. Does anyone from morgan way know what the levels are like above lock 1? I agree Feral, the current is getting pretty quick. How did you go with the ballast install on the x factor?

a mate went up to morgan on his barge over the weekend, i think there is plenty of water up there (was all still quite full from last year).

yeh, the report says more water mid april.

ballast instal is good, two self primining pumps straight down into the tanks (will get round to posting a photo one day). It pumps about 90% of the water out at a guess (need to measure how much comes out on the trailer but it's not much.

feral
Slurpee

Postby dragon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm

hey all SA wakerboarders!

i am new to SA and adelaide. been away from wakin for a bit due to travel but keen to get back into it. anyone chasing a regular rider? or got a spare spot? will chip in for fuel and help clean/packup as always. no job as yet so available any day anytime!

keen to see yas at any upcoming events!

cini
always keen for a ride......
dragon

Postby darth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Guys and girls if you havnt got anything on this weekend ,the Adelaide speedboat club where Wake SA had 2 events last year is running a 2 day Unlimited Powerboat racing spectacular.There will be many Supercharged Blown Alchaol Displacement boats. These boats have up to 2200 horsepower and are capable of speeds up to 145 to 150 mph, 230 kmh to 240kmh.There are other support catagories from Nascar powered 800hp 6litre boats, Formula 1 Outboards all the way down to the kids in the junior boats. This will be an awsome weekend for powerboat racing in Adelaide.
Hope to see you all there.
Link to the weekends racing is http://www.asbc.net.au/
Go high or go home!!!!
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby Knighty_77 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 pm

southern33 wrote:We have been told we are about 3 weeks away from seeing alot of water arrive. Does anyone from morgan way know what the levels are like above lock 1? I agree Feral, the current is getting pretty quick. How did you go with the ballast install on the x factor?

im from morgan, water has gone up a good metre i would say. current is quickening again and the usual junk can be found in the water (sleepers, logs, sticks, branches etc.)
keep an eye out
Knighty_77
Blender

Postby feral » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Water is back up to 1.91m at swan reach (pool is .70m and was back at that level a couple of months ago)

feral
Slurpee

Postby darth » Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 am

Perfect pass owners.
Guys not sure if my display is on the blink or the master module.Its intermittant.Just wondering if at all possible that i could bring my display with me to your boat and plug it in your master module to eliminate or prove that my display isnt working properly. Perfect pass are more than happy to send me a new display for just under $200 but thats not going to prove anything apart from lightening my bank balance
My version is 6.5ng Waheboard pro.It will work on any of them apart from the GPS stargazer
Thanks
Go high or go home!!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby southern33 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

Water levels are definitely on the way up now, up a good 2 feet in the last week and a half, winds from the south arent helping either. Neighbour hit a log in their response last weekend, was to be their last session before tucking the boat away for the cold months. luckily just prop damage. Fair bit of floating down now as well. Havent seen many boats out but the ones that are need to keep an eye out.
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby feral » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

southern33 wrote:Water levels are definitely on the way up now, up a good 2 feet in the last week and a half, winds from the south arent helping either. Neighbour hit a log in their response last weekend, was to be their last session before tucking the boat away for the cold months. luckily just prop damage. Fair bit of floating down now as well. Havent seen many boats out but the ones that are need to keep an eye out.

Just dropped 30cm according to the site. Time to rake the mud off the lawn.

feral
Slurpee

Postby dragon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:26 pm

does anyone ride down here in the winter or does everyone hibernate?
dragon

Postby Knighty_77 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

dragon wrote:does anyone ride down here in the winter or does everyone hibernate?

there's a few but not many!

talk to Daniella Lambert (dunya on here im pretty sure) she would be happy to hook ya up with a ride for sure, she's always pulling on a wettie and braving the cold!
Knighty_77
Blender

Postby Chimp » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Dragon, people do ride down here. They are the ones who love the sport or are just crazy. I'm one that loves the sport and I've been out heaps this winter to make use of the glassy water before summer rolls around and all the weekend warriors return to mess it up!!!
Chimp

Postby southern33 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:04 am

we've been out a few times, apart from being very cold the water conditions have been hit and miss as well with alot of southerly winds which around our way turn the river to shite. I for one cant wait for the hot days and balmy nights to arrive so we can all enjoy our time up the river that bit more. Hopefully we can sort our new boat shortly and its a cracker summer this year! :D
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby JoelWA76 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Hey guys
Myself and a group of people are venturing over from WA in feb 2013 and spending 10 days on a house boat. We are bringing a wake boat with us and looking forward to some awesome riding time. A few of us are keen to get someone out on the boat for a day for a bit of coaching. I see there is a few guys around that do it and was just wondering if any one has any suggestions? We are beginner/intermediate riders and are keen to take our riding to the next level. Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers
JoelWA76
Wake to Wake

Postby southern33 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 am

Theres a few guys who do coaching around murray bridge way, i think Adam Bruce still does a bit, iam pretty sure his company is called southside wakeboarding. A guy called TJ does it as well and i reckon hes tied up with Prowake. Google search mate, iam sure theres more but the ones i have listed are good coaches from what i have heard. Best of luck, you should get some cracking water/weather around then!
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby killer52 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

JoelWA76 wrote:Hey guys
Myself and a group of people are venturing over from WA in feb 2013 and spending 10 days on a house boat. We are bringing a wake boat with us and looking forward to some awesome riding time. A few of us are keen to get someone out on the boat for a day for a bit of coaching. I see there is a few guys around that do it and was just wondering if any one has any suggestions? We are beginner/intermediate riders and are keen to take our riding to the next level. Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

x2 for Adam Bruce. He's based out of Murray Bridge.
I'm sure you'll have a great time
killer52
Blind 180
Super Owner

Postby darth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

Another guy in Murray bridge is Stu Horesman He coached our daughter a few times. Great guy. I think he trades under vision wakeboarding
Go high or go home!!!!
darth
Crow-Mobe

Postby southern33 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 am

hey guys and girls, things have been very quiet around here, anyone been out lately? Noticed a few people around walkers are starting to get their boats organised for summer, even saw a few new ones over the weekend getting run in. Going to be a cracker summer, bring on the hot long days!
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby feral » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:23 pm

pretty keen on chucking the boat in htis weekend - forecast looking good

feral
Slurpee

Postby Dickj83 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

Had the boat out at Murray Bridge last Saturday but quite windy, so no boarding. Good to take the boat for a run though.
The next chance to get the boat out is the long weekend. Cant wait. I'm sure there will be a few more boats hitting the water that weekend also.
Dickj83
Fashion Air

Postby feral » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Hey All - A lot of us or our families have been touched by the Women's and Children's Hospital - you don't think about it till you need it.

My wife is participating in a Challenge supporting the Women's and Children's Hospital here in SA. See http://www.everydayhero.com.au/rebecca_siebert

Our twins were born ten weeks early 6 years ago - we learnt about WCH pretty quick!

Thanks to the WCH, the nurses and the doctors they are now healthy six year olds powering through school (they can both double ski and were both trying their wakeboard last year).

We have both wanted to give back to the hospital and this has been an awesome opportunity. See https://www.facebook.com/BecsC2C?ref=hl to see what she's up to.

Rebecca is running a quiz night On 27th October - it would be awesome to see a local table (I am doing the questions so if you like jetskis or dirtbikes you might be lucky) see https://www.facebook.com/events/485494478146166/ - great wine and great prizes.

Thanks to Yamaha Australia and Yamaha Pitmans I have a PW50 being auctioned on the night - there are heaps of other prizes including signed crows ball, Rapid Surf and Ski Vouchers, top shelf wines and more - all proceeds to the local Womens and Childrens Hospital.

Businesses have been very generous and we have awesome wines and lots of auction items and prizes up for grabs.

If you like good wine see https://www.facebook.com/events/308127562617053/ every player wins - top prize $599rrp - average prize value around $28!

If you want to bid on the PW50 or any other great auction items see https://www.facebook.com/events/260584664059831/

Bids, tickets or bottles in the wall of wine email becsc2c@chariot.net.au or call me 0417 802 654

feral
Slurpee

Postby southern33 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am

hey there guys, weather down here now is starting to heat up and its great that we are starting to see some boats come out of hibernation. We are heading home today after 4 awesome days on the murray but cant wait for next time already. Anyone been riding? Seems as though this thread may be dieing after all these years!
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby Dickj83 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 am

I was up at young husband over the weekend. Sunday made for a nice and bumpy boat ride to the pub, but monday was a great day. The only problem was that we had to pack up and leave! Not too many boats around the young husband area but a few more around murray bridge on the drive home. It's looking like its going to be a cracker season!
Dickj83
Fashion Air

Postby southern33 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Was a perfect day today, glass conditions, warm weather, cold beers, cant ask for much more. Any other wake.com.au users heading up the murray much? Seems as though not too many people are still riding compared to a few years back...
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

Postby dragon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 am

if anyone has got a spare spot and is chasin an extra rider i am always keen. still haven't had a look at the SA wake scene. got my licence and more than happy to chip in. let me know.

cini
dragon

Postby dunya » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Come down to pt adelaide ski boat club this Saturday to meet the wake SA crew! We have comp down there from 9am!
dunya
Blind 3

Location: Live: Gawler Ride: Murray River....anywhere the board takes me.

Postby drew78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm

drew78
Surface 180

Postby southern33 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 am

Just bumping the thread trying to get a few people talking again. Been a while since we had a post on here! Used to be good to get on here on a monday morning and hear about everyones adventures over the weekend. So anyone been riding? I havent been out for a while now between work and two kids things get busy n just havent found the time, hoping to change that with a river trip within the next few weeks
southern33
Raley
Nautique Owner

PreviousNext