Just noticed I should probably change my location status as I no longer live over there.
i got mine at insure4less.com.au - they were one of the only ones I found that specifically listed wakeboarding. cheap too! we had to make a claim due to our flight being delayed by a typhoon, and we had no toruble getting paid.
i had my insurance with covermore i think. I booked everything through a friend who works at flight centre and he said wakeboarding was covered. The brochue i got with it didnt mention wakeboarding specifically, but I remember checking that thewebsite did, but i cant seem to find the page now
Thanks Dude - I just got mine through Cover More - and they specify that being towed behind a power boat on a bouyant board is covered. I asked about Cable / Winch - and they have put a not on the policy that as long as I'm doing this at an establishment designed for the sport, it's covered!
Just to add a few more bits and pieces from my experience....
It was the best trip I've ever been on. So stoked and amazed at how being in another country can make you ride that much better!!!
- Especially in Manila but even at CWC there is no toilet paper in the ladies toilets- just grab some napkins from the table before you leave.
- When purchasing plugs ... if your laptop etc has a three pin plug... you can purchase the three pin input at that airport .. but it doesn't fit in the sockets at cwc or manila... but.... if you buy the three pin, just rip out the third.. and it will still work.
- The sex district is an awesome place to stay while your in manila... it's local to everything.. Le Mirage is rad, and is next door to 7-11 that sells Red Horse 1.5L for about a dollar.
- Take Tape!!! I have callouses and didnt think I'd have to worry about it, but my first day... my hands were bleeding and had blister on top of callous and blood blister underneath callous.... ouchies.
- Ensure to get the skate from Cwc to Naga.. it's truly an amazing journey.
- Don't bank on boat.
- If you are having a big night on your first night - make sure to buy a load of water from cwc before you leave.. otherwise make sure you have some water from Naga ... because you will wake up and want soooo bad to drink from the tap..... hahahah don't do it!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests