Re: Jindalee ramp news

Postby Allie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Just to let everyone know that we pulled out at Jindalee today at low tide ( 1/2 hr prior to dead low) with no problems. I still think that if the tide was much lower than 0.6 we might have had problems.
Allie
Blind 180

Postby pjdave » Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Excerpt from an email sent to me today:

Thank you for your interest in the Jindalee Boat Ramp Park flood recovery project, and feedback about the newly constructed boat ramp.

Council were made aware of issues with the boat ramp at low tide. A hydrographic survey undertaken by Council, confirmed the ramp was not constructed in line with Council’s design.

The Contractor will soon commence rectification works to replace the boat ramp to meet with the original design criteria. This will be completed at their own cost.

Once reinstated, the boat ramp will be at a lower level, similar to the level prior to the January 2011 flood event.

Rectification works on the boat ramp are scheduled to begin in mid May 2012 and should be completed in approximately four weeks, weather permitting.

During the works the boat ramp will be closed to all users. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience as we complete these works.

If you would like more information, please contact our free call information line on 1800 727 923 during business hours or email riversideparksfloodrecovery@brisbane.qld.gov.au. For after hours enquiries please contact Council’s 24 hour call centre on (07) 3403 8888 .

Kind regards,
Riverside Parks flood recovery project team
brownie knows goats
pjdave
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby Inguneer » Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Make sure they use the G23 for the turning circle modelling.
Inguneer
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby JBWake » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Good news all round.

I wrote to them and explained the turning circle problem and they said they were considering moving some of the posts to improve the turning circle. Will be interesting to see if they do anything about that at the same time.

Will it be G23 friendly? Somebody had better order one so we can try it out :)
Brownie knows boats!
JBWake
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby Angela » Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 am

That's all good news! Great that the contractors admitted they buggered up - hopefully they will now realise it's in their best interests to fix it properly the first time, but also to do it as quickly as possible seeing as they're footing the bill :)

At least fig tree pocket is still in use so we're not completely screwed while it's shut, like last year.
Angela
KGB

Postby Angela » Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

We got info in our letterbox yesterday that said the same thing, except it said expected start date is between mid may and mid june.

They're also replacing the slippery slide of death in the playground :) Or at least putting in another normal one for the smaller kids. Can't remember exactly
Angela
KGB

Postby JBWake » Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 pm

What is the slippery slide of death?

Did they put in something a bit extreme for the kiddies??
Brownie knows boats!
JBWake
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby Angela » Thu May 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Hell yeah, you should give it a try! Definitely a bit too crazy for me, let alone my 5 year old niece, though she was doing ok on it after a few tries. You're meant to slide with your legs hanging over either side, but then it has a bend in it which sends you flying off into space if you're not careful.
Just as bad are the spinny things that just go faster and faster while you sit on them - it was pure luck i managed to catch my niece as she went flying off it! I thought fear of litigation would have made playgrounds boring by now, but not so...
Angela
KGB

Postby gomer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi all, Looks like work has been completed on the ramp alterations. Has anyone used it yet? I went for a walk at low tide last weekend about 0.5m and it was only about thigh deep. A bit concerned that its still not low enough for the bigger boats!
gomer
Surface 180
Nautique Owner

Postby mcfender7 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Sounds worrying gomer! Low tide this afternoon was .27 if i remember correctly????????
I'd like to hear what some of the long time users of Jindalee say it was like before the floods on the mega low tides...
mcfender7
Toe 720
Nautique Owner

Postby JBWake » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 pm

I didn't think the ramp alterations have even started yet?

Has anybody seen it closed or any work going on there?

Ramp was ok before the floods. When really low it dropped off a bit at the downstream side and I think the dock side was a bit lumpy down the bottom. Either way if really low you just stuck to the middle and it was all good.
Brownie knows boats!
JBWake
Pete Rose
Nautique Owner

Postby gomer » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah JB, it was closed for nearly 2 weeks from the start of may. Trucks everywhere dumping heaps of rocks of the back of a small barge.
I went again this arvo a low tide and was just over knee deep. The Licence bloke with his tri-axle trailer dropped straight off the back of the ramp, But popped up easy enough. Maybe the fix was to drop rocks off the back so trailers dont get stuck, hope not. Cheers
gomer
Surface 180
Nautique Owner

Postby Angela » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

Really?! I used the ramp on the 7th, and 12th May, and it was open on both those occasions. Other weekends I walked to the ramp but didn't use it. I didn't see it closed off at all...
Angela
KGB

Postby gomer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 pm

During the week it was closed off with a traffic controller there to stop visitor traffic and only the workers for the site repairs and barge, crane boat and tug operators were only able to enter the boat ramp car park.

I am guessing that the major alterations arent done yet or are deemed not necessary.

And after checking the diary it was the 14th they started as we had a laugh about them starting "mid may". cant get too much more mid may than that. So apologies for incorrect info earlier.
gomer
Surface 180
Nautique Owner

Postby Stoj » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Bit of info for y'all....

Additional works on the Jindalee Boat Ramp park flood recovery project are nearing completion with final works on the boat ramp taking place this week.

Rectification works include replacing and lowering the boat ramp in accordance with the original design criteria. Final works will involve using a large crane to place rock in the river and stabilise the embankment.

To complete this work, the boat ramp will close for two days from 7am, Thursday 14 June reopening at 5pm, Friday 15 June, weather permitting.

If delayed due to bad weather or construction issues, the boat ramp will reopen over the weekend and close again from 7am on Monday, 18 June for two days to complete the works.

Council will make every effort to minimise disruption and thanks you for your patience as we undertake this important work.

Further details on these activities and alternate boat ramps in your area can be located on Council’s project website at www.brisbane.qld.gov.au (search: ‘Jindalee Boat Ramp Park’).

Playground and Dog off leash area – works complete
Additional works to extend the dog off leash area and install new playground equipment are now complete. As part of these works, Council installed a new standard slippery slide suitable for younger children and shade sail over the swing set in the playground, as well as increased the size of the dog off leash area in its current location.
Stoj
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Postby gomer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Just got the same one Stoj. Cant wait 'til its all sorted.
gomer
Surface 180
Nautique Owner

Postby gomer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Does anyone know if its sorted yet???
gomer
Surface 180
Nautique Owner

Postby Stoj » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:34 am

Used the ramp last Saturday. Was still at a crappy angle. Had a feel around and it seems like they have dumped a bunch of small rocks off the end of the ramp. Very uneven and still about a 20-30cm drop off in parts.
There was a really big pile of rocks sitting to the side, so i'm assuming they must have been doing more work on it this week.
They really need to get the angle right or at least put in another slab and extend the ramp instead of just dumping rocks as a temporary fix
Stoj
Wake to Wake
Nautique Owner

Previous