Perth wake park

Postby Wcw » Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 pm

So Perth wake park has been up and running for about 6 months now, Ben and Simon have got an awesome set up going on and a fantastic park! It does get horrendously busy there sometimes especially during the summer months and weekends, sometimes enough to put me off going to be honest, paying for 2 hours of riding to spend most of it standing in line behind people falling off the dock! What are other riders' thoughts?
Wcw
Surface 180

Re: Perth wake park

Postby Pitto » Sat May 23, 2015 11:13 pm

capacity and crowd control will always be an issue.

the guys are only new to running a cable park, so cutting them some slack might be an idea.

that said, when there's 40 people on the session with no lap limits and more people turning up to board, people are going to feel ripped off.

this is why the old spearwood cable park had a 3 lap limit and the sessions ran by the hour to help even up the ride times for skiers.
Pitto
Surface 180

Postby will » Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 am

Wcw wrote:...g to spend most of it standing in line behind people falling off the dock! What are other riders' thoughts?

At least if they're falling off you get on quicker :) But seriously, Pitto is on the money. Hopefully they'll put lap limits in place, that usually helps particularly with big line ups. Great to hear the place is full! Success can be a curse. I love Bli Bli but in summer we have the same issue, so I tend to go down for a ride in the cooler months. The ultimate solution is for it to be so popular they get a second lake going ;)
Enjoy the ride. Any time on the water is good time!
will

Postby Bilko500 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:54 pm

They do apply a lap limit, 3 when is busy 4 when is not. Almost empty and they'll let you do a couple extra.
Bilko500
Surface 180

Postby ApatheticEnd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:17 pm

It's pretty empty and glassy this time of year. In the summer though, if you're only able to get down on weekends and are put off by the lines, you can hire the part out for 2 hours if you get a few mates together. If you've got 19 blokes it works out to under $50 a head which is good value.

Or, just get a membership. Then you're never worried about rushing or lines as you're never on the clock. I ride 2-4 days a week so it's awesome value. See you down there. Josh
ApatheticEnd
Wake to Wake

• Advertisement