What boat should i get for 10k

Postby hoppuspears » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:35 pm

The age old question..

I have just sold my 14ft clinker it was simply to small for me and mates. Im interested in purchasing something at least 17ft.

I like the Flightcraft Spectre (anyone know the seating capacity for a 18ft one). I want an all round boat. ski, wake, tube, kneeboard.

Can anyone suggest anything at 10k max. I would love an old 80's mastercraft/malibu/ski supreme but they simply aren't around that price (that i can find). Im not worried about putting a bit of work into it but not looking for a project as such!

Have I missed anywhere to look
Boatsales, gumtree, ebay, classifieds on this site.
hoppuspears
Wake to Wake

Re: What boat should i get for 10k

Postby nathanb84 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Your best bet would be to look for non brand name boats. My boat is the same as a Hallett Predator but was fitted out by HM Marine. It would have never come up on boat sales/gumtree etc if I was searching for brand names. Also, boats that aren't made by well known manufacturers are generally cheaper. I picked mine up for just under 13k, 19ft, soft clutch, 350 chev etc. If you look around you should find something
nathanb84

Postby nevergrew » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:07 pm

A spectre will seem like a ferry coming from a 14ft boat. I went from a phantom to a spectre. The difference in size was amazing. Longer, deeper internally and more importantly higher freeboard. For a clinker they're a ship. Still really basic driveline wise which suits some.

I upgraded from the spectre to an old ski Nautique. The difference between these two was massive. The Naut does everything better/nicer, but it comes at a price.

Recently restored spectre's are fetching high bucks (equivalent to old Nauts) which I personally think aren't worth it. But if you're prepared to get dirty, an older original spectre is def worth the effort. Just try to get one with good floors and bearers
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner

Postby 82Juddcraft » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:49 pm

hoppuspears wrote:The age old question..

I have just sold my 14ft clinker it was simply to small for me and mates. Im interested in purchasing something at least 17ft.

I like the Flightcraft Spectre (anyone know the seating capacity for a 18ft one). I want an all round boat. ski, wake, tube, kneeboard.

Can anyone suggest anything at 10k max. I would love an old 80's mastercraft/malibu/ski supreme but they simply aren't around that price (that i can find). Im not worried about putting a bit of work into it but not looking for a project as such!

Have I missed anywhere to look
Boatsales, gumtree, ebay, classifieds on this site.

There a few boats on assorted boat related buy swap and sell facebook pages.
82Juddcraft

• Advertisement