Re: new trick or broken bones this summer? What your plan

Postby Variflex » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Well, gave it a crack late Saturday afternoon and had my first board after the injury, all went well but took it easy, just jumping wake to wake, was happy with that

I really should have given it another month but we were the only boat on the river, nice glassy water and couldn't help myself, loved it.
Variflex
Surface 180

Postby Alastair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 am

Nice, I just haven't been getting out much with the relocation for the new job. Managed to sneak in a couple of sets with wakesetterxti the other weekend which was good.

Went home this weekend and rode some choppy water and managed to get some one wake tantrums throwing the rope. Just need to get the balls and the boat time to take them wake to wake.
Alastair
Tantrum

Postby will » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am

Alastair wrote:Nice, I just haven't been getting out much with the relocation for the new job. Managed to sneak in a couple of sets with wakesetterxti the other weekend which was good.

Went home this weekend and rode some choppy water and managed to get some one wake tantrums throwing the rope. Just need to get the balls and the boat time to take them wake to wake.

Wow, I can't imagine doing them one wake! I love the hard cut followed by the 'coast'. One thing that really helped me was on take off putting a lot of weight on my front foot (seems to always give me way more pop) and slamming my lead elbow into my hip (keeps the handle in tight!) Let us know how you go :)
Enjoy the ride. Any time on the water is good time!
will

Postby feral » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 pm

had my first ride back on Friday - quite a bit of sports tape, shorter rope (60ft) and took it real easy.

went ok and I fired up for State Titles on sunday (rode 2 rounds earlier in the year including busting foot and ankle in R2) and came away with the win - not that there are a lot of people riding 40+ here in little old SA - plenty that could step up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Snappers Paradise" - Swan Reach, SA
Matrix Expression MVS "Hakuna Matata 2"

www.facebook.com/SnappersWakeCrew?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

[i]sometimes you race as hard as you can but just can't get away from the Snapperheads[/i]
feral
Toe 720

Postby will » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am

feral wrote:had my first ride back on Friday - quite a bit of sports tape, shorter rope (60ft) and took it real easy.

went ok and I fired up for State Titles on sunday (rode 2 rounds earlier in the year including busting foot and ankle in R2) and came away with the win - not that there are a lot of people riding 40+ here in little old SA - plenty that could step up!

Great to hear! That's a full on way to start back 8O . How'd the injuries hold up in the comp?
will

Postby feral » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:28 pm

will wrote:Great to hear! That's a full on way to start back 8O . How'd the injuries hold up in the comp?

all good from riding - I really didn't push it that hard though.

ankle still week, foot hurts a bit but apparently the metatarsals are like that - long time to heal completely
"Snappers Paradise" - Swan Reach, SA
Matrix Expression MVS "Hakuna Matata 2"

www.facebook.com/SnappersWakeCrew?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

[i]sometimes you race as hard as you can but just can't get away from the Snapperheads[/i]
feral
Toe 720

Postby Alastair » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:30 am

any tips for fighting the ropes pull throwing you off axis with tantrums.. i'm happily dropping the rope as it flatten out for the tripping part of the trick, can get full rotation and land no rope.. but with the rope as i do the edge change the pull of the rope just throws me out of wack...

somethings just not quiet clicking.
Alastair
Tantrum

Postby will » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:17 am

Alastair wrote:any tips for fighting the ropes pull throwing you off axis with tantrums.. i'm happily dropping the rope as it flatten out for the tripping part of the trick, can get full rotation and land no rope.. but with the rope as i do the edge change the pull of the rope just throws me out of wack...

somethings just not quiet clicking.

Hmm. Would like to see some footage if you have any. I find that the only time I get a really big yank is when I cut super hard and don't edge off much. Maybe come off edge a little earlier and surf the wake a little? On takeoff you have to put a lot of weight on your front foot and absolutely JAM your elbow into your front hip.
will

Postby Alastair » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:12 am

hopefully get some footage this weekend, but i think i'm just letting the boat pull my arm straight when i'm thinking about other things.

I'll exaggerate the tucked in elbow this weekend and see how it goes, and try to get some footage.
Alastair
Tantrum

Previous

• Advertisement