Wakesurfer

Postby Pesty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:19 am

Can anyone suggest a place where I can purchase a surf style wake surfboard at reasonable prices.
I like the Chase Hazen model LF sixer, and I'd be happy to buy a superseded model, but pretty much anything specifically designed with Surf in mind.
Doesn't have to be the latest model, or fancy graphics.
Obviously, as design improves and equipment gets better, I'm sure there other good boards available, and I'd like to hear opinions, and also the best place to purchase. I've grown up surfing, and I do find it hard to justify the $1000 price tag or more for some when a custom surfboard can be purchased from $550. R & D is easier behind a boat, as you can easily trial new shapes and designs without the rigmarole of getting consistent waves, paddling etc.etc.

...But that's just my opinion. This is a boat sport, and it's a premium we pay for that.
Pesty
Surface 180

Re: Wakesurfer

Postby thekid9012 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Why not talk to your shaper and get him to make one? Can't be that different, just smaller around the 5''6' mark.
thekid9012
Slurpee
Malibu Owner

Postby Pesty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:05 am

Yeah, we have had one shaped and it worked better than anything else we have tried but I ended up getting a demo Slingshot Gnarwhal.
By coincidence, it was the next option I was looking at after the Sixxer and it's made a huge difference.

We had been watching clips on others boosting airs and 360's seemed like the most basic of tricks, but the boards were just not working. First run on the Gnarwhal and straight into a 360, followed by some small airs... It's made a massive difference.

The board was $700, which is still super expensive in my mind, but I'm happy with the performance.

I'd be interested to see what boards others are using for Surf Style...
Pesty
Surface 180

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:40 pm

There's always the DUP Foundation, RRP is $550, I personally haven't had bugger all experience with it or wakesurfing, but the specs on it look pretty close to what I'd go for a surfboard.

http://dupwake.com/index.php/product-ca ... cessories/
Wakeboard for fun
Jake
Blender

Postby Pesty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 am

Thanks Jake,
I'll pass this onto a mate who is still looking.
Pesty
Surface 180