O'Brien or Liquid Force?

Postby Honour » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Hey all! I'm looking to get into wakeboarding for the first time this summer, since first trying it about 15 years ago. Haha.
Back then my family bought an O'Brien Rail 137 board (which I still have), and I have just recently also picked up a Liquid Force Flite 139.
From what I can gather, these are both pretty cheap boards and brands, but wondered what the general opinion was of these brands (and boards in particular)?
Cheers all!
Honour
Wake to Wake

Re: O'Brien or Liquid Force?

Postby thekid9012 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:52 pm

I literally don't know anyone that rides an o'brien that isn't sponsored.. Don't know how they survive to be honest..

LF is great, massive brand so is Ronix, Hyperlite and Slingshot. They would be the 4 I would pick from.
thekid9012
Slurpee
Malibu Owner

Postby Honour » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:06 pm

thekid9012 wrote:I literally don't know anyone that rides an o'brien that isn't sponsored.. Don't know how they survive to be honest..

LF is great, massive brand so is Ronix, Hyperlite and Slingshot. They would be the 4 I would pick from.

Great - thanks for that! The LF seems to be a great board for a beginner such as me according to what I've read, but was worried it might've just been a cheap nasty brand. Thanks for your help!
Honour
Wake to Wake

Postby Alastair » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm

my suggestion would be to buy a fairly recent board that suits your weight and skill level. By what you have described I reckon a liquid force trip would keep you happy for a few years. And would help you progress rather than hold you back like a more pro model board might.
Alastair
Tantrum