Bindings problem - Jobe Evo vs Hyperlite board

Postby tiucat » Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi guys!

I'm having an issue with my new bindings.

For riding cable, I have a Hyperlite 2016 board. I used to have bindings that broke so I just bought new ones, and went for Jobe Evo as I think they're really convenient and stylish.

But the issue is, the holes on my Hyperlite board that will support the bindings are either too close to the center of the board or too far from it. Jobe Evo bindings have holes under the middle of the sole, not aside as most bindings. So after fixing the bindings, my legs are too close or far from each-other, and I don't feel good at all. Plus I guess it's not recommended for the knees?

I don't really know what to do... Is it better to ride with legs too close or too far? Should I try to drill new holes...?

(I attached a picture where I've set up the bindings, and this is way too close for me)

Thanks for your advices :)
Arthur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tiucat
Surface 180

Re: Bindings problem - Jobe Evo vs Hyperlite board

Postby will » Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 am

This is the unfortunate state of wakeboarding at the moment - many manufacturers are making custom bindings and boards that are only really compatible with their own stuff. While the Jobe gear looks similar to the Hyperlite stuff, it doesn't fit the 6' setup. There's not many satisfactory options sorry - You'll need to buy 6 inch Hyperlite/compatible bindings or a jobe deck. Maybe someone else has suggestions?
Enjoy the ride. Any time on the water is good time!
will

Postby tiucat » Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Outch that hurts, I wasn't aware of that. For me M6 is M6... Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else has an idea?
tiucat
Surface 180

Postby 82Juddcraft » Sat May 13, 2017 10:01 am

I had a old HO HyperLite board.
Similar to this.
17419451.jpg

We were up at Torrumbarry and I faceplanted and riped the binding.
Anyhow I ended up making an adapter plate with 5mm aluminium with counter sunk screws and bought a cheap set of $100 bindings from the boat show in melb.
Id show a photo of it but that boards long gone.
There may be someone that makes neat looking adapters out there, mine didnt look anything special.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
82Juddcraft
Raley

Postby will » Tue May 16, 2017 8:31 am

tiucat wrote:Outch that hurts, I wasn't aware of that. For me M6 is M6... Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else has an idea?

M6 only refers to the type of screws you use (they made the change from 1/4 inch thread to m6 a couple of years ago). 6 inch refers to the standard plate size of the base of your bindings/screw pattern. Hope you sort something out!
Enjoy the ride. Any time on the water is good time!
will

• Advertisement