CTRL boards any good?

Postby Honour » Sun May 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Hey guys! I'm in the market for a new board, but I'm as poor as I am eager.
I've noticed CTRL boards online which look good, and seem ridiculously cheap. From the reviews I've read, they actually seem like a decent board. Both the 'Standard' and the 'RX' are $199, which suits me well. Has anyone had any experience with these boards? It is either this or a secondhand Hyperlite / Ronix etc.
I am only a beginner, and am beginning to land wake to wake, currently riding an old Liquid Force Flite.
Cheers guys!
Honour
Wake to Wake

Re: CTRL boards any good?

Postby jakeyhamer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:23 pm

I never had any personal experience with these boards but they company did close its doors a few years ago now. They seemed like a popular board in the cable world around Europe and asia but never could successfully break into the us market and especially for boat riding. If its cheap enough and using it as a beginner board it may suite you fine but you may out grow it quite quickly
jakeyhamer
Raley

Re: CTRL boards any good?

Postby Honour » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

jakeyhamer wrote:I never had any personal experience with these boards but they company did close its doors a few years ago now. They seemed like a popular board in the cable world around Europe and asia but never could successfully break into the us market and especially for boat riding. If its cheap enough and using it as a beginner board it may suite you fine but you may out grow it quite quickly

Oh ok - that makes sense why I can't find a website or later model boards from them. Will keep looking into it - thanks again mate!
Honour
Wake to Wake

• Advertisement