New to boating researching about Flightcraft Phantom

Postby NewBoatFamily » Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi I'm very new to boating and have never owned a boat. I would like to know if anyone has some good information in Flightcraft Phantom 75'. I looks the looks of aPhantom would it be a good choose for a family, is there anything I should know about them. Seethe hood go for kneeboards/tubes/ski/wake. I like the retro look
NewBoatFamily
Surface 180

Re: New to boating researching about Flightcraft Phantom

Postby nevergrew » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:25 am

Young family yes, family with older teenage kids perhaps not. They're a fairly small boat that fill up quick with bodies, and you then have to fit the gear in somewhere. But, if you ski from a beach it would be good. I'd recommend something larger if you intend on loading up at the ramp and tripping out for the day.

I've had a phantom, spectre and an older ski nautique. If an older classic boat is your thing, a spectre will be great. They are a decent size and still have a clinker hull.

The best bet is to check out boats and get your family to sit in them. You'll soon figuire out if it's going to work or not. Don't forget the gear has to go somewhere - life jackets, towels, bag of goodies, esky, skis, boards, ropes etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nevergrew
Ozmosis 7
Nautique Owner